Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Classifieds

Classifieds Buy, Sell, Trade - Private sales only


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:32 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2019
From: Virginia Beach
Posts: 14

Strada OEM top case lock cyclinder

Just picked up a top case and learned that I was supposed to get an extra lock cylinder. I bought the bike used and don't have one. If you happen to have a lock cylinder you are not using please make me an offer.

Thanks.
Mark
Silentlight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:39 PM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Chicago
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentlight0 View Post
Just picked up a top case and learned that I was supposed to get an extra lock cylinder. I bought the bike used and don't have one. If you happen to have a lock cylinder you are not using please make me an offer.



Thanks.

Mark


I bought a used topcase and didn't get a lock cylinder or key. I took the cylinder apart and was able to modify the tumblers so it worked with my ignition key. Pretty simple lock with only 4 tumblers, IIRC. You could take out a tumbler or two to make matching the key easier. Really its only purpose is to secure the case to the mount.
rss29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 07:39 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2019
From: Virginia Beach
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss29 View Post
I bought a used topcase and didn't get a lock cylinder or key. I took the cylinder apart and was able to modify the tumblers so it worked with my ignition key. Pretty simple lock with only 4 tumblers, IIRC. You could take out a tumbler or two to make matching the key easier. Really its only purpose is to secure the case to the mount.
Thanks for the reply. When you say "I took the cylinder apart," which cylinder is this? Where did you get the extra one and what type?

I currently have two cylinders installed on my panniers but need a third one for my top case. Did you get a Givi?
Silentlight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:16 AM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Chicago
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentlight0 View Post
Thanks for the reply. When you say "I took the cylinder apart," which cylinder is this? Where did you get the extra one and what type?



I currently have two cylinders installed on my panniers but need a third one for my top case. Did you get a Givi?


Mine was a Ducati top box that I bought second hand. It came with a lock installed but no key. If you donít have a lock cylinder at all thatís a different issue than I had. I believe the OEM bags are made by SW Motech, so thatís where I would look.
rss29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 02:18 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2019
From: Virginia Beach
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss29 View Post
Mine was a Ducati top box that I bought second hand. It came with a lock installed but no key. If you donít have a lock cylinder at all thatís a different issue than I had. I believe the OEM bags are made by SW Motech, so thatís where I would look.
Yup. I need a new cylinder. Thanks for the info.
Silentlight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Classifieds



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Helmet lock recommendations? efierro Gear 2 January 16th, 2018 02:08 PM
For Sale: FS: Givi E370 Tech Monolock Top Case Mono Lock Topcase Trunk Gurds7 Classifieds 3 October 13th, 2016 04:37 PM
Hyperstrada top case lock sepe1949 Mechanical and Technical 2 June 13th, 2016 04:55 PM
Want To Buy: Pannier Lock Mechanism, Right bicyclemarkm Classifieds 11 April 24th, 2015 05:25 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.