Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016-2017 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:18 AM   #31
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 22

Having my Hyperstrada delivered this week and plan on buying an Akra. The bike currently has the stock pipe on it. Does anyone know if you put an Akra on with cat delete, does it require a tune?
CWP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 23

I Ride: 16' HyperStrada, 97' 900ss CR, 78' CB550K
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWP76 View Post
Having my Hyperstrada delivered this week and plan on buying an Akra. The bike currently has the stock pipe on it. Does anyone know if you put an Akra on with cat delete, does it require a tune?
Doesn't 100% apply to your question but...

I installed a de-catted Zard exhaust... and while the bike ran and was drivable - IMO it could've used a tune ( I also saved 10 pounds). YMMV

Went out and got the low mount Termi. Officially, it's not for the 939 - it's for the 821 (not Euro 4 compliant) but it fits and the bike runs the same as if i was running a stock exhaust. (according to my butt dyno). It sounds glorious.

Hope that helps - i had the exact same question when hunting for an exhaust.
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:22 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Doesn't 100% apply to your question but...

I installed a de-catted Zard exhaust... and while the bike ran and was drivable - IMO it could've used a tune ( I also saved 10 pounds). YMMV

Went out and got the low mount Termi. Officially, it's not for the 939 - it's for the 821 (not Euro 4 compliant) but it fits and the bike runs the same as if i was running a stock exhaust. (according to my butt dyno). It sounds glorious.

Hope that helps - i had the exact same question when hunting for an exhaust.
Thanks for the response! At the end of the day, I always think that whenever you use an aftermarket pipe, a tune will never harm the bike! lol. But in trying to figure out how much I want to spend on improvements, know what REALLY helps and what isn't as necessary, is always a good thing!
CWP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #34
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Merced CA
Posts: 35

I Ride: '16 Hyperstrada 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Doesn't 100% apply to your question but...

I installed a de-catted Zard exhaust... and while the bike ran and was drivable - IMO it could've used a tune ( I also saved 10 pounds). YMMV

Went out and got the low mount Termi. Officially, it's not for the 939 - it's for the 821 (not Euro 4 compliant) but it fits and the bike runs the same as if i was running a stock exhaust. (according to my butt dyno). It sounds glorious.

Hope that helps - i had the exact same question when hunting for an exhaust.
Were there any issues mounting the low Termi with the bags on the bike? What's the part # for the Termi you went with and if you don't mind me asking where did you get it and what was the cost?
thePUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:31 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 23

I Ride: 16' HyperStrada, 97' 900ss CR, 78' CB550K
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePUNISHER View Post
Were there any issues mounting the low Termi with the bags on the bike? What's the part # for the Termi you went with and if you don't mind me asking where did you get it and what was the cost?
@thePUNISHER

I haven't put the bags on since i installed the Termi. Will do so after work and snap a pic.

The part # quoted on my invoice slip was 96480051B (the same listed on the Ducati Canada website).

I ordered it from a Ducati dealer here in Canada (Apex Cycles), that is a few cities over. Reason? They were willing to knock off 300 bucks whereas the dealer I bought the bike from wouldn't budge on MSRP for an exhaust

It took a while though (6 weeks - direct from Italy).

Did I pay too much? Probably.

Am I in love with it? Absolutely.

It sounds bellissimo!!!!
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:21 PM   #36
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Merced CA
Posts: 35

I Ride: '16 Hyperstrada 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
@thePUNISHER

I haven't put the bags on since i installed the Termi. Will do so after work and snap a pic.

The part # quoted on my invoice slip was 96480051B (the same listed on the Ducati Canada website).

I ordered it from a Ducati dealer here in Canada (Apex Cycles), that is a few cities over. Reason? They were willing to knock off 300 bucks whereas the dealer I bought the bike from wouldn't budge on MSRP for an exhaust

It took a while though (6 weeks - direct from Italy).

Did I pay too much? Probably.

Am I in love with it? Absolutely.

It sounds bellissimo!!!!
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if any of the previous years exhausts would work for the '16 939. I look forward to seeing some pics with the bags on.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! Just did a quick search for that slip on and it's $2200!!! Dang, guess I'll have to save up for that one lol.
thePUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
akrapovic, hyperstrada



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.