Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016-2017 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Inverurie, Scotland
Posts: 30

Pannier Latch

I've broken the right hand pannier latch and need to get a replacement. Does anyone have a right hand one free or need a left hand one?

If I can buy a right hand side from someone here great otherwise I'll buy the pair from Ducati (they only come as a pair) and would like to sell the un-needed left.

Cheers

John
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old May 14th, 2015, 06:58 PM   #2
GR8
Senior Member
 
GR8's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Waltham, MA
Posts: 122

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
How did you break it, did you pull too hard or hit something while riding?
GR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2015, 10:30 PM   #3
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Inverurie, Scotland
Posts: 30

I hit the corner of my house while pushing the bike. I don't usually have them on so forgot about the need to swing a little wider. Ducati want 110 ($170) for a pair and only sell in pairs.
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 03:33 AM   #4
GR8
Senior Member
 
GR8's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Waltham, MA
Posts: 122

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
oooh ok...that stinks....BTW how east is it to take them on and off?
GR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #5
Member
 
bicyclemarkm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 92

I Ride: '13 Hyperstrada,White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 View Post
oooh ok...that stinks....BTW how east is it to take them on and off?
Once they are properly lubed, they are easy to remove and replace. Just remember that they automatically lock on to the bike. To remove them you must use the key.
bicyclemarkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:37 AM   #6
GR8
Senior Member
 
GR8's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Waltham, MA
Posts: 122

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
yup I know that. So when you removed them what did you cover the holes with, original bolts?
GR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:40 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Lundin Links, Scotland
Posts: 27

I Ride: Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
I've broken the right hand pannier latch and need to get a replacement. Does anyone have a right hand one free or need a left hand one?

If I can buy a right hand side from someone here great otherwise I'll buy the pair from Ducati (they only come as a pair) and would like to sell the un-needed left.

Cheers

John
Hi John,

I did the same think in a car park on a post, DOH! Stupid money for a new one. I tried to araldite it, they are easy to get off and strip down. It lasted 1 ride, not good. Please B was to get a small strip if metal/steel, most hardware stores sell these, drill 2 holes to match the bolts that hold the latch onto the pannier. Get slightly longer bolts and clamp the latch to the pannier. It works perfectly. I used steel and painted it black and you can barely see it.

This of course assumes the latch is just broken in 2 and not irrcoverably smashed.

Alan
alantomkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 08:17 AM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Inverurie, Scotland
Posts: 30

Don't have a picture do you?
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 11:38 AM   #9
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Canada eh
Posts: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantomkins View Post
Hi John,

I did the same think in a car park on a post, DOH! Stupid money for a new one. I tried to araldite it, they are easy to get off and strip down. It lasted 1 ride, not good. Please B was to get a small strip if metal/steel, most hardware stores sell these, drill 2 holes to match the bolts that hold the latch onto the pannier. Get slightly longer bolts and clamp the latch to the pannier. It works perfectly. I used steel and painted it black and you can barely see it.

This of course assumes the latch is just broken in 2 and not irrcoverably smashed.

Alan
more info and pics please
GTHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
latch, pannier



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pannier lock right hand side! Bruder Gear 1 March 27th, 2018 05:34 AM
Want To Buy: Pannier Lock Mechanism, Right bicyclemarkm Classifieds 11 April 24th, 2015 04:25 AM
Waterproof pannier: Ghetto solution Monstard Gear 39 September 12th, 2014 09:14 AM
Broken Pannier bracket MyFirstDuc Ducati Hyperstrada 6 October 22nd, 2013 06:44 AM
Pannier upgrade? trf Mechanical and Technical 9 June 29th, 2013 06:53 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.