Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016-2017 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
beef tits's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Denver, CO
Posts: 245

Ducati claims my warranty is up...

Odd, seeing as how I bought the bike new in May, 2015. They seem to think the warranty started when the dealer got the bike not when it was sold. The dealer confirmed it was not a demo bike and is getting in touch with Ducati.

This explains why they denied my claim to have my second set of bags replaced (these ones turned purple in 1000 miles).

I'd like to reiterate, these bikes are over-priced junk mostly made in China. Fun to ride but it's not quality or customer service that sells them. It's allll marketing.

WTF!
beef tits is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old July 29th, 2016, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
Odd, seeing as how I bought the bike new in May, 2015. They seem to think the warranty started when the dealer got the bike not when it was sold. The dealer confirmed it was not a demo bike and is getting in touch with Ducati.

This explains why they denied my claim to have my second set of bags replaced (these ones turned purple in 1000 miles).

I'd like to reiterate, these bikes are over-priced junk mostly made in China. Fun to ride but it's not quality or customer service that sells them. It's allll marketing.

WTF!
Yup. They refused to replace my starter (after the 2nd one failed) while I was still under warranty, forcing me to do it myself. Never buying another Ducati again. But I also can't sell it, cause it's too fun (when it works right).
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 11:43 AM   #3
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Yup. They refused to replace my starter (after the 2nd one failed) while I was still under warranty, forcing me to do it myself. Never buying another Ducati again. But I also can't sell it, cause it's too fun (when it works right).
My Monster 796 had a dent/ding on the FRAME, covered by regulatory sticker. I had warranty left when I found out about it, but they dismissed it as a cosmetic issue. It was small and shallow, but it was effing DISTORTION on FRAME nonetheless. I sold the bike eventually and said "well, Ducati sucks. never again."

And I've had Sport Classic 1000S, Scrambler and now Hyperstrada after all that so I guess I'm a total sucker. Italians are known for the beautiful designs, not really the quality or customer service... And I still love them.

I hope OP's issue will be resolved soon. That sounds like the dealer who gotta do the right thing. If they sold you a demo bike with shorter warranty period left without telling you, that's their fault. If there is a communication issue between the dealer and Ducati, again, dealer should step up and fix it for you. Either way, you shouldn't be the one suffering.
coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
beef tits's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Denver, CO
Posts: 245

Erico came through and did the right thing. My bikes paperwork apparently got mixed up with another's. They are giving me a free 2 year extended warranty which puts me with an extra year of warranty. And they are replacing the junk Ducati bags again!

This might also explain why the payoff on the bike was like $600 less than it should have been...

They're a great shop but man, they are a bit scattered sometimes...

Not too bad though!
beef tits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:33 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
Erico came through and did the right thing. My bikes paperwork apparently got mixed up with another's. They are giving me a free 2 year extended warranty which puts me with an extra year of warranty. And they are replacing the junk Ducati bags again!

This might also explain why the payoff on the bike was like $600 less than it should have been...

They're a great shop but man, they are a bit scattered sometimes...

Not too bad though!
I like happy endings.
coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:43 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
Erico came through and did the right thing. My bikes paperwork apparently got mixed up with another's. They are giving me a free 2 year extended warranty which puts me with an extra year of warranty. And they are replacing the junk Ducati bags again!

This might also explain why the payoff on the bike was like $600 less than it should have been...

They're a great shop but man, they are a bit scattered sometimes...

Not too bad though!
They never replaced my bags - I'm jealous.
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
claims, ducati, warranty



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Side bags Locking mechanism replaced under warranty! jbogueb Mechanical and Technical 21 January 27th, 2017 08:02 AM
Removing bolt-ons before warranty work Jokeshopbeard Mechanical and Technical 4 October 27th, 2015 07:47 PM
Issues with my dealer for warranty issues Braaap Ducati Hyperstrada 2 July 8th, 2014 11:51 AM
Warranty Work gatdammit Mechanical and Technical 76 April 11th, 2014 10:51 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.