Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016-2017 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2017, 04:18 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: Philadelphia USA
Posts: 165

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripyowrist View Post
Well, based on that picture I gather philthymike is a crazy man! I can't imagine riding a bike in slick snow like that, let alone a bucking motard with crazy-clutch.
Certifyably foaming at the mouth my friend. I blame it on dealing with the sheer insanity of commuting on roads with cagers from 4 different states (PA, DE, NJ and MD). Then again it's likely just from dealing with the NJ ones alone
philthymike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old December 22nd, 2017, 08:17 PM   #102
Member
 
ripyowrist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Alabama
Posts: 52

I Ride: 2013 Hypermotard 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthymike View Post
Certifyably foaming at the mouth my friend. I blame it on dealing with the sheer insanity of commuting on roads with cagers from 4 different states (PA, DE, NJ and MD). Then again it's likely just from dealing with the NJ ones alone
hahahaha xD
ripyowrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 08:26 PM   #103
Member
 
ripyowrist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Alabama
Posts: 52

I Ride: 2013 Hypermotard 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
What are you wearing for riding boots? Off road style boots might hurt the "feel." Any boot that's hard to walk in might do the same. Here's what I'm wearing - wore them to WSBK at Seca, walked in them for three days, perfect comfort. They are Alpinestars Multiairs.
I'm wearing the teknic chicane mids, they have nice feel and I can be subtle with my feet it's just difficult to ease slowly enough to avoid clicking it up into second. I haven't spent a long time trying to learn the technique of slipping it into neutral. Still fiddling with the slack and engage point. It may be a consequence of the clutch adjustment still. I lubed the cable and now it's so easy to pull I have a hard time knowing what is slack and what is actually disengaging the clutch haha. I watch the little tab and it moves all the time, even with a lot of slack introduced into the lever. The engage or pull point from the motor feels right when riding but maybe the clutch is still just slightly engaged still/not fully disengaged? If so, wouldn't that cause the bike to want to slip up into second or down into first rather than into neutral while the motor is running and applying power to the gearbox?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Clutch Kits Now Available-chicane-boots.jpg  
ripyowrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2017, 08:54 AM   #104
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,065

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripyowrist View Post
I'm wearing the teknic chicane mids, they have nice feel and I can be subtle with my feet it's just difficult to ease slowly enough to avoid clicking it up into second. I haven't spent a long time trying to learn the technique of slipping it into neutral. Still fiddling with the slack and engage point. It may be a consequence of the clutch adjustment still. I lubed the cable and now it's so easy to pull I have a hard time knowing what is slack and what is actually disengaging the clutch haha. I watch the little tab and it moves all the time, even with a lot of slack introduced into the lever. The engage or pull point from the motor feels right when riding but maybe the clutch is still just slightly engaged still/not fully disengaged? If so, wouldn't that cause the bike to want to slip up into second or down into first rather than into neutral while the motor is running and applying power to the gearbox?
Not sure what you mean by "little tab," but yes, it sounds like the clutch is not disengaging fully. Adding slack at the lever only makes it worse, you need to go the other way.

My adjustable lever made this easier, I could dial in more travel until the parts broke in a bit. It's pretty much back to normal now.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:32 PM   #105
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2017
From: USA
Posts: 5

Looks like I missed out on the eBay listing - any word on the supplier putting anymore kits together?
CPRICEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 02:47 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 1,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRICEIV View Post
Looks like I missed out on the eBay listing - any word on the supplier putting anymore kits together?
Should be more available in May 2018.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 04:56 PM   #107
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: Seattle
Posts: 10

Clutch kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Should be more available in May 2018.
Iíve got one that I ordered about a month ago. Iím not going to put it on. Iíve spent my money on a new termi racing exhaust.... private message me if you want to buy. Kit # DU - 133/6
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Clutch Kits Now Available-0ab6947e-1551-4eea-ac97-eff4788b1e6e.jpg  
Gaffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 05:18 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Canada
Posts: 134

Gaffler don't pass this upgrade up, it's a huge benefit!
bayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #109
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: Seattle
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayotte View Post
Gaffler don't pass this upgrade up, it's a huge benefit!
My local Ducati dealer here in Seattle hasnít heard of this issue before. Iím not sure why. I feel this is something I can do myself but this bike isnít a DRZ400 either. Does anyone have a good write up on the replacement with this specific kit. Not the full clutch pack?
Gaffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 05:48 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffler View Post
My local Ducati dealer here in Seattle hasnít heard of this issue before. Iím not sure why. I feel this is something I can do myself but this bike isnít a DRZ400 either. Does anyone have a good write up on the replacement with this specific kit. Not the full clutch pack?
Dude - got to page one of this thread.
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
2015, clutch, kits



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 2015 Hypermotard SP dcpsp Classifieds 3 July 31st, 2017 09:42 PM
Hyper 821 Touring seat - Top Case - side tankpad - clutch cable - clutch lever rizoma silenthunter Classifieds 1 May 26th, 2016 09:01 PM
New 2015 picked up Rixb Ducati Hyperstrada 8 October 10th, 2015 08:11 AM
2015 SP decals returntosender Ducati Hyperstrada 6 May 31st, 2015 02:28 PM
Auxiliary lighting kits Jokeshopbeard Mechanical and Technical 10 April 6th, 2015 10:47 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.