Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016-2017 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:40 AM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Chicago (River West)
Posts: 30

I Ride: 2016 Hyperstrada
Termi Low on 2016 Hyperstrada 939?

So my dealer tells me the only thing available for this bike is the Full Termi Exhaust to the tune of about $3k installed with new map and whatnot.

But, I do see people online that are buying the low termi slip on for the 821 Hyperstradas and putting it on their 939 w/o any issues. They're saying that it's an easy swap and works well.

My dealer says no.

So my question to you folks, have any of you done this? Ordered the Termi Low slip on for the 821 and put it on your 939?

There is a gentleman in my neighborhood that has a Multistrada and termi and that thing sounds to good. I'm envious every time I hear him go passed my place.

Thoughts?

Here is a quick link to a gentleman who has done just that:
Sloos is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
MartyGarrison's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Washington, DC
Posts: 184

I Ride: 16 Honda CRF250l, 2016 Hyperstada 939
I had the same question a year or so ago. The answer was yes folks have put the low Termi on the 939. However I believe it is not Euro 4 compliant and as such Ducati does not offer it as an option. There was also discussion on how it might effect your warranty. I ended up putting the full system on.
MartyGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Chicago (River West)
Posts: 30

I Ride: 2016 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGarrison View Post
I had the same question a year or so ago. The answer was yes folks have put the low Termi on the 939. However I believe it is not Euro 4 compliant and as such Ducati does not offer it as an option. There was also discussion on how it might effect your warranty. I ended up putting the full system on.
My thing is I don't want to lose the ability to use the panniers. Although I haven't used them much at all since purchasing the bike.

When I bought my 939 there was a leftover 2016 Hypermotard SP with full Termi Exhaust for $15k. I should have bought that one

Maybe I just wait until warranty expires and put that low on?
Sloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:56 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 27

I Ride: 16' HyperStrada, 97' 900ss CR, 78' CB550K
@Sloos

I had this exact dilemma a year ago. A local dealer was having a sale on the low Termi so i pulled the trigger - with the caveat that the dealer wouldn't take responsibility if it didn't fit (meaning I couldn't return it).

It fits the 939. The factory panniers work and it sounds absolutely glorious. I came from a cat-less Zaard to the low Termi. The Zaard is way lighter, the termi sounds way better.

Had a buddy comment that the low Termi totally transforms the aural character of the bike and I would have to agree...the 'popping' on hard decel is highly addictive!
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:51 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Chicago (River West)
Posts: 30

I Ride: 2016 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
@Sloos

I had this exact dilemma a year ago. A local dealer was having a sale on the low Termi so i pulled the trigger - with the caveat that the dealer wouldn't take responsibility if it didn't fit (meaning I couldn't return it).

It fits the 939. The factory panniers work and it sounds absolutely glorious. I came from a cat-less Zaard to the low Termi. The Zaard is way lighter, the termi sounds way better.

Had a buddy comment that the low Termi totally transforms the aural character of the bike and I would have to agree...the 'popping' on hard decel is highly addictive!
And no problems since swapping to the low termi?

You said you're running cat-less. Did you bypass the valve servo too or are you still running that fully in tact?

No engine lights?

Easy install?

And this is the one, correct? https://www.ebay.com/itm/DUCATI-HYPE...b0cd%7Ciid%3A1

Last edited by Sloos; May 1st, 2018 at 11:53 AM.
Sloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Naples, IT
Posts: 1,964

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
I think the original full-Termi package included: full system, air filter upgrade, up map.

If you go catless and improve the intake, you'll need a remap. I don't think it will throw a code, just run rough and lose some performance.

Are you sold on the Termi? I could see buying one used but it's a helluva investment for bike that will lose a lot of value fairly quickly. I can tell you my Akra sounds amazing w/ db killer in (never tried without), probably out performs the Termi slip-on, definitely lighter, and I got it for $450 in pristine slightly-used condition.

Akra offered a full system for the 821. It was half the price of Termi full.

I'm just saying to consider your bike will be worth less than $10K after maybe 2 years and couple thousand miles (there's a 2013 w/ 2000 miles listed for $7250 on this site right now). Upgrades matter more to bikers than car guys, but I wouldn't pay $3K over blue book just for an exhaust.
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 07:51 AM   #7
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Chicago (River West)
Posts: 30

I Ride: 2016 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatdammit View Post
I think the original full-Termi package included: full system, air filter upgrade, up map.

If you go catless and improve the intake, you'll need a remap. I don't think it will throw a code, just run rough and lose some performance.

Are you sold on the Termi? I could see buying one used but it's a helluva investment for bike that will lose a lot of value fairly quickly. I can tell you my Akra sounds amazing w/ db killer in (never tried without), probably out performs the Termi slip-on, definitely lighter, and I got it for $450 in pristine slightly-used condition.

Akra offered a full system for the 821. It was half the price of Termi full.

I'm just saying to consider your bike will be worth less than $10K after maybe 2 years and couple thousand miles (there's a 2013 w/ 2000 miles listed for $7250 on this site right now). Upgrades matter more to bikers than car guys, but I wouldn't pay $3K over blue book just for an exhaust.
I'm only looking at the low slip on. Not the fully termi exhaust for $3K

I'm not concerned with the resale. I don't put on a ton of miles. I just rolled 1,000 on the way home from work yesterday!

I just want the bike to sound a bit better than it does now. From what I'm hearing, the termi low slip on will do just that.
Sloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 08:12 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
MartyGarrison's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Washington, DC
Posts: 184

I Ride: 16 Honda CRF250l, 2016 Hyperstada 939
I would go for the low termi. Having said that my full termi transformed the bike. No more snatchy throttle and definitely a bump in power. However you do lose the the pannier option...
MartyGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:16 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Orcas Island/Chiang Mai
Posts: 22

I Ride: '13 Hyperstrada
I'll be getting the Termi Low also for my 821. It's the platinum edition of mufflers because it has the most bells and whistles. It does not de-cat therefore legal everywhere. It is homologated to all regions so is legal in all major markets. Point being you can travel various continents with a manufacturer provided exhaust, not aftermarket. Does not void warranty or extended warranty. Obviously use with factory panniers, which I think are great for my riding. I'm adding a SW-Motech Jetpack tailbag to round out the set. Right, Termi Low is the best and most natural looking of all and likely has the best components (metals) and surfaces. It's iconic Ducati. Though Corse runs Akrapovic on their GP bikes, the Termignoni is the proper choice for a street machine. Only trouble is I've yet to hear one.
Tyjamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:48 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Naples, IT
Posts: 1,964

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
Meh. Sounds like you're just paying (a lot) for better noise. You could buy a comparable slip-on, tuner, high flow air filter kit, and maybe even a set of tires for the price of the Termi. To me, it's like a $5K set of wheels on a $3K Honda Civic.
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
2016, 939, hyperstrada, low, termi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 2016 Hyperstrada 939 flik Classifieds 20 July 14th, 2017 01:21 PM
2016 Hyperstrada speedometer off? madzone12 Ducati Hyperstrada 24 June 9th, 2017 10:43 AM
For Sale: 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada with Termi britm3 Classifieds 0 August 14th, 2016 02:07 PM
Are the Termi's worth it on the Hyperstrada? HyperstradaHopeful Ducati Hyperstrada 26 February 13th, 2014 06:43 AM
Buying a Hyperstrada! Now where can I buy a Termi exhaust for cheap? HyperstradaHopeful Ducati Hyperstrada 8 January 10th, 2014 01:09 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.