Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: North Florida, USA
Posts: 1,820

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
Nice mirrors. I guess you can tighten them at the joints so they don't move? And what's the dotted line represent on the mirror face?

Is the brake reservoir not see-through?
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old February 15th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: California
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatdammit View Post
Nice mirrors. I guess you can tighten them at the joints so they don't move? And what's the dotted line represent on the mirror face?

Is the brake reservoir not see-through?
Thanks! Yes, they don't move. Dotted line is the aspheric part of the mirror and allows you to see in your blind spot. Billet reservoir is not see-through. Don't see why I would need it to be?
HyperstradaHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,023

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperstradaHopeful View Post
Thanks! Yes, they don't move. Dotted line is the aspheric part of the mirror and allows you to see in your blind spot. Billet reservoir is not see-through. Don't see why I would need it to be?
So you can check the fluid level without opening it up and exposing it to moisture?

I like the mirrors, but for nearly $200 each? And that tail tidy will really put mud and water up your back...

Last edited by zippy49; February 15th, 2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: checked the price - ow!
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: California
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
So you can check the fluid level without opening it up and exposing it to moisture?

I like the mirrors, but for nearly $200 each? And that tail tidy will really put mud and water up your back...
Why would the tail tidy put mud and water up my back?

And why would you need to check the fluid level? Brake fluid does not get evaporate. And exposing it to the open air? What's the problem with that?
HyperstradaHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: TN
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperstradaHopeful View Post
Why would the tail tidy put mud and water up my back?

And why would you need to check the fluid level? Brake fluid does not get evaporate. And exposing it to the open air? What's the problem with that?
Because it will do nothing to stop it.

More importantly, how do the mirrors work? I've been eyeing them for some time now.
dragoontwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: California
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Because it will do nothing to stop it.

More importantly, how do the mirrors work? I've been eyeing them for some time now.
I don't understand. How far back do you guys sit? I'm crunched way up against the tank. I could imagine a passenger hanging off the back maybe getting some overspray, but I don't see how I would be getting any where I'm sitting.

Mirrors would great. What do you want to know about them?
HyperstradaHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Cornwall
Posts: 20

I Ride: 13 Hyperstrada
I really like the gps mount. Was it hard to install? I have my Zumo on a Ram mount off to one side. I looked up the R100 mount quickly, $219.00 seems kind of pricey. Anyone seen them cheaper? Or any other center mount options?
Indiepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: California
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiepaul View Post
I really like the gps mount. Was it hard to install? I have my Zumo on a Ram mount off to one side. I looked up the R100 mount quickly, $219.00 seems kind of pricey. Anyone seen them cheaper? Or any other center mount options?
I had a Ram mount but didn't like it... was too bulky for me and wanted something that looked nicer. I got my R100 for $165 including shipping. Pricey still, but worth it. Very easy to install. Probably the easiest thing on my bike to install thus far. LOL!

Got it from EPM Performance Imports. They had a special 15% off when I ordered. Not sure if they still do.
HyperstradaHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: toronto
Posts: 115

I rode mine!! -5 and icy, but good times!
suprphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: toronto
Posts: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperstradaHopeful View Post
I don't understand. How far back do you guys sit? I'm crunched way up against the tank. I could imagine a passenger hanging off the back maybe getting some overspray, but I don't see how I would be getting any where I'm sitting.
You haven't ridden through a puddle yet, have you?

My neighbourhood is under construction, so very muddy. My back seat, tail light, and me all had mud sprayed all over. The stock fender does very little to stop the fling, so I imagine the tail tidy will do even less.

Looks good though!
suprphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
hyperstrada, today, whatd



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes



Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.