Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Ducati Hyperstrada Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum: 2013-2015 Hyperstrada and 2016-2017 Hyperstrada 939


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #471
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Lansing Mi
Posts: 106

I Ride: 2013 hypermotard/hyperstrada, 2005 zx6r, drz125, crf50 crf70
Also tinted the turn signal lenses. 2 coats. Came out really good.
Attached Thumbnails
What'd you do to your Hyperstrada today?-20171111_200753.jpg   What'd you do to your Hyperstrada today?-20171111_200808.jpg   What'd you do to your Hyperstrada today?-20171111_200824.jpg   What'd you do to your Hyperstrada today?-20171111_200821.jpg  
Araitim is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #472
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 617

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada,CCM FT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araitim View Post
Installed billet aluminum RSC ball bearing pivot clutch lever. Made front axle slider/bobbin's to match the rear Motovation sliders with a few tweaks(made myself). Installed a fully adjustable Chinese billet shifter lever from aliexpress.
That's the same gear lever I bought last year. Make sure you red locktite the screws as they have a habit of coming loose. And check regularly I nearly lost mine on a trip!
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:19 AM   #473
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Lansing Mi
Posts: 106

I Ride: 2013 hypermotard/hyperstrada, 2005 zx6r, drz125, crf50 crf70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
That's the same gear lever I bought last year. Make sure you red locktite the screws as they have a habit of coming loose. And check regularly I nearly lost mine on a trip!
Thank you for the tip. I had to do a couple little things to make it work for me. I also had to replace the pivot bolts with shorter ones. I was going to drill down a little further and tap the hole but I didn't want it coming through the other side. I am keeping an eye on the pivot point. It appears as though it could slip. If that happens I will have to drill and tap a second hole for a 2nd bolt. The best thing about this shifter for me, I can easily make a replacement arm on my mill in the event of a crash. I am surprised with how nice the pieces is for how cheap it was. Now, if only I could find a rear brake lever that isn't outrageously priced.
Araitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #474
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Sacramento
Posts: 56

Today I finished putting everything back together from an overly ambitious all at once upgrade. It took longer than I planned, but ultimately slowing down the pace allowed me to learn a lot more about the bike and really enjoy the process.

Installed Rapid Bike Evo, corse air intake with MWR Filter, MWR Power Up Kit, and changed the spark plugs for the 9k.

And to keep me warm and visible there's heated handgrips, Kuksul08's light kit, and a Cyclops LED main bulb... the brights rival the sun.

Oh and I disconnected the flapper again because my dealer likes reattaching it when they see the error code. Which is why they didn't get to do any of this.

When it started right up after all that, yeah, that was nice.
Devinjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 09:28 PM   #475
Senior Member
 
Hyp Noob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: California
Posts: 244

I Ride: '13 Hyperstrada, '06 DR650, 2017 KTM 690 Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinjc View Post
Today I finished putting everything back together from an overly ambitious all at once upgrade. It took longer than I planned, but ultimately slowing down the pace allowed me to learn a lot more about the bike and really enjoy the process.

Installed Rapid Bike Evo, corse air intake with MWR Filter, MWR Power Up Kit, and changed the spark plugs for the 9k.

And to keep me warm and visible there's heated handgrips, Kuksul08's light kit, and a Cyclops LED main bulb... the brights rival the sun.

Oh and I disconnected the flapper again because my dealer likes reattaching it when they see the error code. Which is why they didn't get to do any of this.

When it started right up after all that, yeah, that was nice.
Nice work! Glad it fired up and worked as intended!
I was curious about the Cyclops LED bulb ... does it get HOT at all? Is this a simple Plug & Play install? Any added components like ignitors or ballasts?

How much work is involved in getting to the headlight bulb? Would love a brief tutorial if you've got the time!

Cheers!
Patrick
San Rafael, CA
Hyp Noob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 05:19 AM   #476
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyp Noob View Post
Nice work! Glad it fired up and worked as intended!
I was curious about the Cyclops LED bulb ... does it get HOT at all? Is this a simple Plug & Play install? Any added components like ignitors or ballasts?

How much work is involved in getting to the headlight bulb? Would love a brief tutorial if you've got the time!

Cheers!
Patrick
San Rafael, CA
Not to steal anyone's thunder. The cyclops has a driver and it fits in the shell. Beyond that it's plug and play.

You need to drop the emitter into the right place in the reflector by putting a 20 gauge shim across the top of the h4 connector before clipping it in place. Just a piece of 20 gauge wire. If you don't, you'll see a lot of light when stare at the bulb, but it won't reach the road.

After install, I had to adjust the light downwards via the adjustment screw, quite a bit. no big deal. The light makes a huge difference at night.

As to heat - I don't know. The bulb base itself is fan cooled and I can't imagine it's hotter than the incandescent as it uses far less power. No problems after more than a year.
appliance821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2017, 09:33 PM   #477
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 1,137

Today I put some Renthal 32mm soft/hard grips on (part number G176). Ever since I discovered these, I've converted my bikes to them immediately. They run a little larger than normal, and a little narrower. They are super comfortable and grippy. They don't last as long but it's worth it for the benefits.

kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 06:02 PM   #478
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: ABQ NM
Posts: 216

Do the same thing on many of my bikes. These are my favorites...ProGrip 714...
Attached Thumbnails
What'd you do to your Hyperstrada today?-progrips714.jpg  

Last edited by BadToTheBown; January 5th, 2018 at 08:16 PM.
BadToTheBown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:53 AM   #479
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Today I put some Renthal 32mm soft/hard grips on (part number G176). Ever since I discovered these, I've converted my bikes to them immediately. They run a little larger than normal, and a little narrower. They are super comfortable and grippy. They don't last as long but it's worth it for the benefits.

I'm with you. I have them on my YZ450f and RC51. Yet to convert my HS though. Been getting lazy.
CWP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:11 AM   #480
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,065

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadToTheBown View Post
Do the same thing on many of my bikes. These are my favorites...ProGrip 714...
Me too, have used them on everything for decades. But not on the Strada, for some strange reason. Could be the wimpy throttle return spring, a thinner grip seems to offer better control. Also, the 714s soak up some vibration - a concern on my thumpers but not on the Ducati.

Got out on the Strada a couple of days ago, still loving the new clutch action.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada

Tags
hyperstrada, today, whatd



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes



Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.