Ducati Hyperstrada Forum

Ducati Hyperstrada Forum (http://hyperstrada.com/ducati-hyperstrada-forums.php)
-   Gear (http://hyperstrada.com/gear/)
-   -   AltRider Hyperstrada Luggage Plate (http://hyperstrada.com/gear/3686-altrider-hyperstrada-luggage-plate.html)

Mmisciag May 20th, 2016 04:22 AM

AltRider Hyperstrada Luggage Plate
 
I just purchased the luggage plate from Altrider.com I can't wait to get it. I emailed Scott from Altrider because I had heard that the luggage plate from the Multistrada would fit hyper! I wanted confirmation. He responded that they were sending someone that day to the local Ducati dealer to be sure that it fit the 2015 model. Yes!

Currently they have silver luggage plate on their site for $108.00. A very good deal. I am going to purchase the Rotopax system in the future to mount to the plate. I figure it is a solid combination. My plan is to carry extra gas!!!!

Scott is great to deal with and could not recommend the product more. I'll post some pictures when I receive it!

Martin

monocog007 May 20th, 2016 04:35 AM

I went with the givi plate instead, because it had extra support brackets underneath. I've heard of a couple of cases were people had their rear grab handles snap/break because of too much weight on the rear rack without support brackets.

Mmisciag May 23rd, 2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monocog007 (Post 21380)
I went with the givi plate instead, because it had extra support brackets underneath. I've heard of a couple of cases were people had their rear grab handles snap/break because of too much weight on the rear rack without support brackets.



Interesting. My plan was to not put a top case on but a rotopax. I wanted to carry extra fuel. I am in the middle of saving for the Bellevue Ducati mounts for Givi Trekker 33L cases. After that we go for the TKC80 tires. :) Gonna need some dirt training. I am a street rider so life is going to get interesting soon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monocog007 May 24th, 2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmisciag (Post 21424)
Interesting. My plan was to not put a top case on but a rotopax. I wanted to carry extra fuel. I am in the middle of saving for the Bellevue Ducati mounts for Givi Trekker 33L cases. After that we go for the TKC80 tires. :) Gonna need some dirt training. I am a street rider so life is going to get interesting soon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is my current set up. Got some custom 9" by 13" by 3/4" thick cutting boards and drilled them to fit. I was fed up with the stock bags and went with this setup.

http://i.imgur.com/HAEznDT.jpg

Mounted with Wolfman Luggage Teton bags:

http://i.imgur.com/y7crWFl.jpg

I planned on getting some better photos and putting them in the photo thread later.

lomax May 24th, 2016 03:21 PM

This is not on my Hyper so it might not mean much, But on my TR650 I have the Altrider rear rack and have it setup so I can either put a Rotopax on it or a Givi tail bag.

I also have Wolfman pannier racks that I mounted plates to and setup for the small Rotopax bottles. I can then put the Wolfman saddle bags over that.

DOH I don't have a picture of the full setup but this might give you a idea.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Husqvarna...P4090007-L.jpg

Marc

Mmisciag May 26th, 2016 04:07 AM

Monocog007, I never thought of a cutting board! I am about to order the Ducati of Bellevue Givi bag mounts. You're making me rethink my plan!

Marc, wish someone made more options for the hyper' bag mounts. What you have on your bike looks great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monocog007 May 26th, 2016 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmisciag (Post 21455)
Monocog007, I never thought of a cutting board! I am about to order the Ducati of Bellevue Givi bag mounts. You're making me rethink my plan!

Marc, wish someone made more options for the hyper' bag mounts. What you have on your bike looks great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously if you're capable of "DIY", buying everything you need for "Bellevue style" mounts can easily be had for under $100.

The only thing i will say about the cutting boards is make sure they're thick enough. Mine are stout as a rock at 3/4" thick. I think I went overboard, anything that's 1/2" should do.

Mmisciag May 26th, 2016 04:41 AM

I'm thinking I would want the Givi bags. I would fine tune your set up and use the Givi mount kit to do the job.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmisciag May 26th, 2016 09:11 AM

Monocog007, what did you use for spacers behind the boards? If you have measurement of the spacers that would be great! I am trying to find either aluminum plate or the very think cutting board you are using. Thanks, Martin


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monocog007 May 26th, 2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmisciag (Post 21460)
Monocog007, what did you use for spacers behind the boards? If you have measurement of the spacers that would be great! I am trying to find either aluminum plate or the very think cutting board you are using. Thanks, Martin


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assuming your brackets aren't tall enough to interfere with the top handles, All i needed was a 3/8" spacer on the rear-most mounting spot.

I thought about aluminum but dismissed it due to cost and not having the tools to work with it. If you wanted to mount Givi cases, I can measure when I'm home to see if you'll have room to put the hardware on a plate the size of mine.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.