Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Gear

Gear Motorcycle Gear Forum - For motorcycle riding gear


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
jerdog53's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Denver Co.
Posts: 1,028

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedup View Post
I put a wolfman on mine. It fits great and large enough to put all your goodies in.
What model is that?
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Midwest USA
Posts: 17

It's a wolfman Express from Aerostich for $124. I also ride around in a bright yellow suit.
boxedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
jerdog53's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Denver Co.
Posts: 1,028

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedup View Post
It's a wolfman Express from Aerostich for $124. I also ride around in a bright yellow suit.
Nice!

I will probably do the small Expedition tank bag!
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #14
Guy
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Cornwall
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
I have a bunch of old tank bags, including a Wolfman. The problem with all of them is that they cover the fuel cap. The bag has to be removed or at least flipped back; the Ducati bag clips to a base pad that stays in place. So I would look for that feature.
How does the base pad strap down? When you ride without bag on the bike does the base pad stay on is there any straps that flap about or is it designed well. I use my bike for commute to work and need bag for that but don't want to have to remove base pad every time I ride without the bag, pictures of bag fitted and base pad would help, cheers.
I have looked at baglux has anyone got one on their Hyperstrada?

Last edited by Guy; March 15th, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Canada, Ottawa
Posts: 246

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821 - 2013, Hyperstrada 939 - 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedup View Post
I put a wolfman on mine. It fits great and large enough to put all your goodies in.
Is it the 'large expedition bag' ? If not, which model do you have?
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:29 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,049

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
How does the base pad strap down? When you ride without bag on the bike does the base pad stay on is there any straps that flap about or is it designed well. I use my bike for commute to work and need bag for that but don't want to have to remove base pad every time I ride without the bag, pictures of bag fitted and base pad would help, cheers.
I have looked at baglux has anyone got one on their Hyperstrada?
I always ride with the bag. There is no storage under the seat, and I want to carry a few things - sunglasses, hat, manual, cell phone, water bottle, etc. Straps are well secured F&R and do not show like the Wolfman straps; if you check my posts (here and at ducati.ms) you will find pics. Yes the base pad is not as pretty as the bare tank cover, but I only remove the bag when I am away from the bike and worry about theft (for example, shopping). There are four clips holding the bag to the pad. And the base pad leaves the fuel cap exposed, so all I have to do is pop the front clips and tip the bag back.

That said, I have left the tank bag on various bikes in many places and have never had a problem.

Last edited by zippy49; March 16th, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #17
Guy
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Cornwall
Posts: 37

Thanks Zippy. Sorry for all the questions but want to make sure it's the right thing for me before buying.

I know you said you don't ride without bag, but on the base pad would the straps that hold the bag on flap about while riding if bag wasn't attached?

How well does the base pad fit the tank?

What is the size of the map holder? Will it take A4 paper.

Cheers Guy
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,049

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Hi Guy,

Here are a couple of pics. The map compartment is fairly small, as the bag is sized to fit the tank cover and leaves some needed handlebar clearance. However, it came with a bigger compartment that clips over the bag; it's intended for a full sized tablet. I'd take a pic but can't find it right now - put it away somewhere as I don't own a tablet. But if you search fleabay you'll find pics of the whole setup.

Second pic shows the base pad, note that the straps are hidden and the bag clips are short. The rear clips have torn away a bit from tipping the bag back, but they still seem secure and I don't see it when the bag is on - which is all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Tank bags?-ducati-tank-bag-1.jpg   Tank bags?-ducati-tank-bag-base.jpg  
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
NiceweatherManni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 148

it's too small in my opinion


The old one fits as well and there you got the possibility to get the 2 side bags. That's great!


I tried the Enduristan Sandstorm (the big one) but it was too big. It has too much length so I can't move forwards or backwards on my seat =(

The length of the tank bag has to be 30cm or less that it fits well. If it has 25cm it's great how I have proofed with a friend.
NiceweatherManni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #20
Guy
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Cornwall
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
Hi Guy,

Here are a couple of pics. The map compartment is fairly small, as the bag is sized to fit the tank cover and leaves some needed handlebar clearance. However, it came with a bigger compartment that clips over the bag; it's intended for a full sized tablet. I'd take a pic but can't find it right now - put it away somewhere as I don't own a tablet. But if you search fleabay you'll find pics of the whole setup.

Second pic shows the base pad, note that the straps are hidden and the bag clips are short. The rear clips have torn away a bit from tipping the bag back, but they still seem secure and I don't see it when the bag is on - which is all the time.
Thank you so much for the pictures and information. I think that looks like the bag I will go for. I have been looking at all sorts of bags but none of them seem just right! The base pad seems to fit well. The bag is a bit smaller than I am used to but if it was bigger then it wouldn't fit the tank area. The clips on the base pad look like they could flap about a bit without the bag fitted, could be annoying, but we will see.
Thanks again, Guy.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Gear

Tags
bags, tank



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neverwet and the Hyperstrada bags porkrind Gear 9 November 7th, 2017 03:42 PM
Do you ride bags on or bags off? HyperstradaHopeful Ducati Hyperstrada 36 February 28th, 2017 07:28 AM
SW-MOTECH Tank Bags wildbill Gear 20 August 30th, 2015 09:05 AM
tank bags hyperjon Ducati Hyperstrada 22 March 20th, 2015 07:44 AM
luggage bags? twozzie Ducati Hyperstrada 4 June 24th, 2013 02:19 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.