Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2015, 05:28 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
AussieHyper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
From: Australia
Posts: 188

I Ride: Hyperstrada
GR8, I've a 2014 model with 15000klms on it.....no issues, just miles of smiles!!
AussieHyper is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 1,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
I'd wager that most electrical issues with new bikes are self-inflicted by unqualified folks who take their bikes apart to "mod" them in some way.

I've owned countless cars and bikes over the years, we are talking 100+. The only problematic ones were those that had been modified by a previous dipshit owner or repaired by previous dipshit owner using crappy parts from Auto Zone.
faulty throttle
corroded battery terminals
adaptations out of wack
starter motor failure

yeahhhhh. I didn't mess with any of that.
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Jokeshopbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: London
Posts: 330

I Ride: Hyperstrada, Transalp & Fireblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
adaptations out of wack
Can you supply further details on that one please kuksul?
Jokeshopbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:29 AM   #14
GR8
Senior Member
 
GR8's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Waltham, MA
Posts: 122

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHyper View Post
GR8, I've a 2014 model with 15000klms on it.....no issues, just miles of smiles!!
It was only the 2013's that had the disco ball (limp mode) problem.
GR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 1,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeshopbeard View Post
Can you supply further details on that one please kuksul?
When I had my throttle unit replaced, the tech said that my TPS and O2 zero points and synchronization were not right. He went through the procedure and reset it, and the bike ran significantly smoother especially at low RPM.
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:54 AM   #16
GR8
Senior Member
 
GR8's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Waltham, MA
Posts: 122

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
When I had my throttle unit replaced, the tech said that my TPS and O2 zero points and synchronization were not right. He went through the procedure and reset it, and the bike ran significantly smoother especially at low RPM.
How long did you have the bike before all that stuff started going wrong?
GR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:28 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,068

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
GR8, my '13 has had zero problems. But then, I have not been looking for any!

I'll bet that the vast majority of owners have had the same experience.

If I want to worry about future problems, I'll think about my wifey's new KTM 390 Duke...which has been perfect so far, other than poor setup from the dealer. Tires were not even pumped up!
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 08:19 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 1,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 View Post
How long did you have the bike before all that stuff started going wrong?
Like 6 months in is when I noticed the throttle being so weird. The starter motor got progressively worse over time. The battery terminals were corroded on day 1.
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 02:06 AM   #19
GR8
Senior Member
 
GR8's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Waltham, MA
Posts: 122

I Ride: 2013 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
GR8, my '13 has had zero problems. But then, I have not been looking for any!

I'll bet that the vast majority of owners have had the same experience.

If I want to worry about future problems, I'll think about my wifey's new KTM 390 Duke...which has been perfect so far, other than poor setup from the dealer. Tires were not even pumped up!
Ouch that stinks man...how can a dealer not properly prep a bike.....

Well I pick er up today and I'm going to just do a little ride around the general area maybe about 100 miles or so just to see how she goes. Will keep it on urban so I don't get too zippy on it until after 600 miles....which wont take me too long!
GR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:57 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,068

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 View Post
Ouch that stinks man...how can a dealer not properly prep a bike.....

Well I pick er up today and I'm going to just do a little ride around the general area maybe about 100 miles or so just to see how she goes. Will keep it on urban so I don't get too zippy on it until after 600 miles....which wont take me too long!
That "prep" cost me $600 BTW...

Good idea using the lower throttle setting. I use it to break in new tires!
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
9000, inerval, mile, service, thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyperstrada Photo Thread jerdog53 Ducati Hyperstrada 517 May 20th, 2019 05:10 AM
The Suspension Thread!!! BOOING Strider Mechanical and Technical 249 April 4th, 2019 07:16 AM
9000 mi Service Questions gatdammit Mechanical and Technical 6 January 26th, 2015 08:17 AM
Starting a 8000 mile journey this Friday Dane1960 Ride Reports 27 October 6th, 2013 06:44 AM
Yahoo, lots of smiles/mile st2cmack Ride Reports 0 July 27th, 2013 08:34 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.