Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Naples, IT
Posts: 2,129

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
The exhaust heat shield has brittle composite washers. Mine raddled bad until I replaced the washers.

The reflectors on the rear plate are flimsy but I've never noticed rattle coming from back there. I've always had a rattle from the bars. My solution is tunes (always) and more exhaust note.
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old April 18th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Jokeshopbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: London
Posts: 330

I Ride: Hyperstrada, Transalp & Fireblade
Ah man, I've just had another rattle develop at ~3,500rpm and I can't find the bastard! Seems like it's coming from the front left of the bike - on the opposite side to the exhaust heatshield.

Anybody got any ideas/experiences? Such a shame to have a rattle ruin the beautiful soundtrack she makes..
Jokeshopbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 05:45 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 545

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeshopbeard View Post
Ah man, I've just had another rattle develop at ~3,500rpm and I can't find the bastard! Seems like it's coming from the front left of the bike - on the opposite side to the exhaust heatshield.

Anybody got any ideas/experiences? Such a shame to have a rattle ruin the beautiful soundtrack she makes..
Sorry, don't think I can help if it's somewhere on the left front.

I have found two new sources of vibrations if you care to check, though: The clear plastic cover for the license plate light. This ended up being the source of rattling that my dealer missed. a very small dab of RTV and it's all fixed. The other one is the rear exhaust heat shield (the one right under the gas tank, by the rear cylinder) had one loose bolt. Of course it was the hardest one to get to, by the O2 sensor.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2016, 11:05 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
FlyingLow's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5

I Ride: 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by monocog007 View Post
Sorry, don't think I can help if it's somewhere on the left front.

I have found two new sources of vibrations if you care to check, though: The clear plastic cover for the license plate light. This ended up being the source of rattling that my dealer missed. a very small dab of RTV and it's all fixed. The other one is the rear exhaust heat shield (the one right under the gas tank, by the rear cylinder) had one loose bolt. Of course it was the hardest one to get to, by the O2 sensor.
I had the same Exhaust shield bolt missing. Did not create a rattle but very difficult to get to and tighten.

One rattle I get is from the passenger foot pegs. Not sure how to stop those from rattling other than removing them.
FlyingLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 04:31 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 545

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow View Post
I had the same Exhaust shield bolt missing. Did not create a rattle but very difficult to get to and tighten.

One rattle I get is from the passenger foot pegs. Not sure how to stop those from rattling other than removing them.
I got mine to stop by removing both of them, and cleaning really well for good adhesion. By putting a small bead of RTV on each side of the pegs, around where the pin goes through, the pegs now are a snug fit. They take slightly more force to flip open, but at least now they're quiet.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2016
From: Tokyo
Posts: 2

I get a hell of a rattle from my clutch area, sounds like a handful of rusty kitchen knives in a tumble dryer.


I f'ing love it!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedSquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 12:08 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: sheffield
Posts: 5

Hi there,

Has anyone had a high-pitched, grating, intermittent rattle around 4-5k with light throttle?

Just noticed this last week on my 10k mile-hyperstrada and struggling to find it. It comes as I pass through that rev-band and then disappears until I'm next accelerating.

Checked the heat guard and it does seem like it moves on the front screw, but only slips around..

Also, has anyone listened to the gearbox from the chain-side? Is it loud for you?

Cheers
Elthwatez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Jokeshopbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: London
Posts: 330

I Ride: Hyperstrada, Transalp & Fireblade
If it moves on the screw, that'll be your problem man. Get it off and get some washers on there so it sits tight as fuck.
Jokeshopbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 1,201

Mine makes some nasty noises since I installed the skid plate. I added dyna mat which took away 90% of it, but it could use more.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Jokeshopbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: London
Posts: 330

I Ride: Hyperstrada, Transalp & Fireblade
My skid plate has caused me some nasty fucking rattles. Once due to a lost bolt, and the second time due to the bolts backing out a little from where the mount bolts into the forward cylinder.

I've eliminated the bastards now - I hate rattles - but the way this bike vibrates it won't be long before I get another, I'm sure...
Jokeshopbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
rattles, resource, squeaks, thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Suspension Thread!!! BOOING Strider Mechanical and Technical 246 January 6th, 2019 01:31 PM
Hyperstrada Photo Thread jerdog53 Ducati Hyperstrada 508 July 1st, 2018 10:15 PM
The 9000 mile service inerval thread GR8 Mechanical and Technical 23 January 4th, 2016 04:16 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.