Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2015, 03:09 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: North Florida, USA
Posts: 1,852

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
Oh! There's a large rubber washer/gasket between the tank and the sub-frame where a single main bolt holds the rear of the tank in place. It will probably fall out when you lift the tank. Don't try and set this before putting the tank in- it will just fall out. You can worm it in from beneath after re-seating the tank.
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:02 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 596

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada
Cheers found that out today when I pulled the tank. Mine was a thick alloy washer.
Didn't have to move the handlebars though, tank came out quite easy. I removed the two front rubber mounts that locate the tank and also the ecu. The fuel pipe and wiring where disconnected too prior to lifting the tank so the fuel hose just stayed in place. I'll have to take some pics. Fitted the air filter and new plugs, but waiting now for the rapidbike module as it's still in the post.

Last edited by mentalist; December 22nd, 2015 at 11:12 AM.
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 06:01 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 596

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada
Done a couple of hundred miles with the rapidbike evo, air fliter and gpr slip on all installed.
It has transformed the bike, there is more power but it is so much a smoother delivery.
The GPR exhaust with flapper delete sounds amazing. The way the engine and throttle responds was worth the 's spent, and didn't take too long to fit. Fuel economy I would say is about the same, although it is winter here and I've not been able to give it the full beans yet.
Tick over is rock soild now too, before it would fluctuate a little.
Mainly ridden in touring mode but when in sport mode the front wheel came up so fast the 1st time I opened the throttle in 1st gear I did have a little oh shit moment.
Can't wait for summer....
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:00 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 452

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
Done a couple of hundred miles with the rapidbike evo, air fliter and gpr slip on all installed.
It has transformed the bike, there is more power but it is so much a smoother delivery.
The GPR exhaust with flapper delete sounds amazing. The way the engine and throttle responds was worth the 's spent, and didn't take too long to fit. Fuel economy I would say is about the same, although it is winter here and I've not been able to give it the full beans yet.
Tick over is rock soild now too, before it would fluctuate a little.
Mainly ridden in touring mode but when in sport mode the front wheel came up so fast the 1st time I opened the throttle in 1st gear I did have a little oh shit moment.
Can't wait for summer....
This is exciting news, I'm looking forward to getting one on my bike before the end of the year.

What do you mean by "tick over"?

EDIT: Hah it means idle. silly brits!

Last edited by monocog007; January 7th, 2016 at 07:11 AM.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:24 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 596

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada
by "tick over" I mean on idle sat in neutral, before the idle was a little irratic
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:14 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: North Florida, USA
Posts: 1,852

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
I noticed the steady idle the most.

Only thing I'm not sure of is my RapidBike software is constantly updating on my PC, but haven't connected to the module since install. Not sure if you're supposed to periodically update the module. Wouldn't think so if you're using the auto adapt feature.

What method of flapper valve delete did you use?
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 04:19 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 885

The unit shouldn't do anything at idle. It is set to make 0 change at 0% throttle opening. Mine has always idled fine so I don't notice any difference.

You shouldn't really need to adjust anything. I plugged mine in a few times to verify it and track the auto adjustment, but haven't applied any changes.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 596

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatdammit View Post
I noticed the steady idle the most.

Only thing I'm not sure of is my RapidBike software is constantly updating on my PC, but haven't connected to the module since install. Not sure if you're supposed to periodically update the module. Wouldn't think so if you're using the auto adapt feature.

What method of flapper valve delete did you use?
I was going to remove it totally, but just went for the quick option of disconnecting the cable.
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:27 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 596

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada
Dyno run

I really should've done a before amd after. But here's the graph of dyno run today. Only shows 95 bhp but that's on this dyno. Maybe higher on another machine. Torque was good at just under 65 where it should be. I was more interested in the fuel ratio an it does drop off slightly but still healthy. The guy had to strap the rear down as it kept spinning the back wheel, which he said he normally has to do with 150+ bhp.
Attached Thumbnails
RapidBike Evo Install-ducati.jpg  
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 11:22 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
I really should've done a before amd after. But here's the graph of dyno run today. Only shows 95 bhp but that's on this dyno. Maybe higher on another machine. Torque was good at just under 65 where it should be. I was more interested in the fuel ratio an it does drop off slightly but still healthy. The guy had to strap the rear down as it kept spinning the back wheel, which he said he normally has to do with 150+ bhp.
Thanks for posting the dyno. Looks really good. It would be interesting to run a 0 map also, to see what the difference between rapidbike and stock is.

You still have it on stock settings for the map and the auto tune?
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
evo, install, rapidbike



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clearwater Darla LED Light Install RSL Ducati Hyperstrada 13 March 13th, 2016 11:53 AM
Anyone install some Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires? HyperstradaHopeful Ducati Hyperstrada 18 March 27th, 2015 03:34 PM
The Andreani Install: How it went. NurseDaddy Mechanical and Technical 27 July 28th, 2014 11:49 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.