Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #51
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Bowral Australia
Posts: 45

I Ride: Harley V Rod Muscle & Red Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperPedro View Post
Hi Frank,
If you go to post #31 in this this thread you will find photos and a description of how I did it. I note that others have found the red/black wire in a front fuse box (I think you need to take the side covers off) which is different from how I did it but is in accordance with the instructions supplied by HealTech.
Hope this helps.
Did the install as per instructions -

Plugged into diagnostic plug - ran a wire to the RED/black wire on rear fuse box.

fired the bike up and i got nothing?

At a loss what to do next.
Attached Thumbnails
Gear indicator-094.jpg   Gear indicator-093.jpg  

Last edited by bazwp; March 25th, 2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: add photos
bazwp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old March 25th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #52
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Bowral Australia
Posts: 45

I Ride: Harley V Rod Muscle & Red Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwp View Post
Did the install as per instructions -

Plugged into diagnostic plug - ran a wire to the RED/black wire on rear fuse box.

fired the bike up and i got nothing?

At a loss what to do next.
searching for another "power wire" that is activated by ignition.

When i connect the Gipro power wire direct to a RED power wire off positive terminal on battery it works fine, its just on all the time.

Maybe Ozzie Hypers dont have power in red/black wire at rear fuse box ??
bazwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
HyperPedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Victoria Australia
Posts: 138

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821, Monster 659, 900 SD Darmah, Aermacchi Harley Davidson 350SS, OSSA MAR 250
Baz,
As indicated earlier in this thread, I connected mine to the power wire of the rear powerlet accessory socket. I used this wire as it was accessible and switched through the ignition. I also soldered the connection rather than use a connector. From memory, I needed to add a section to the Gipro power wire to make it long enough to run to this location.
I have had this fitted since September last year and it has performed faultlessly. I posted photos and tried to desribe the process earlier in this thread.
HyperPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:10 PM   #54
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Bowral Australia
Posts: 45

I Ride: Harley V Rod Muscle & Red Hyperstrada
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperPedro View Post
Baz,
As indicated earlier in this thread, I connected mine to the power wire of the rear powerlet accessory socket. I used this wire as it was accessible and switched through the ignition. I also soldered the connection rather than use a connector. From memory, I needed to add a section to the Gipro power wire to make it long enough to run to this location.
I have had this fitted since September last year and it has performed faultlessly. I posted photos and tried to desribe the process earlier in this thread.
Thanks for the advice.

I have it working 90% - after sorting a blown fuse.

It counts up and down the gears now BUT it cant identify 2nd Gear. It stutters and then shows 1st instead of 2nd.

Not sure what to do next - i have sent an email to Healtech support - hopefully they have a suggestion to cure my problem: (
bazwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 12:31 PM   #55
Member
 
Pinoybear's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Denver
Posts: 43

How much does the GPDS-D02 cost and where did you all get it from?

TIA,
Eric

Last edited by Pinoybear; March 31st, 2014 at 12:34 PM.
Pinoybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2014, 10:38 PM   #56
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Bowral Australia
Posts: 45

I Ride: Harley V Rod Muscle & Red Hyperstrada
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwp View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I have it working 90% - after sorting a blown fuse.

It counts up and down the gears now BUT it cant identify 2nd Gear. It stutters and then shows 1st instead of 2nd.

Not sure what to do next - i have sent an email to Healtech support - hopefully they have a suggestion to cure my problem: (
Got some prompt advice from Healtech - reset the Gipro and took a little more time to allow it to recognise each gear and it now works perfectly.

Good product and good support from Healtech.
bazwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Singapore
Posts: 115

Today Fixed up the heal tech gear indicator. Works beautifully! The wires and stuff have been designed for the bike. No extension needed!

Bought from ebay!
ohayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #58
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Sweden
Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohayo View Post
Today Fixed up the heal tech gear indicator. Works beautifully! The wires and stuff have been designed for the bike. No extension needed!

Bought from ebay!
What nr/"name" of the heal tech gear indicator did you use, and what was the price?
LiamWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
gear, indicator



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the dumbest thing anyone has said about your bike/gear? duc Motorcycle Talk 63 May 24th, 2018 06:37 AM
Rear indicator housing fell off... take note! Hyperstrada Mechanical and Technical 15 May 29th, 2013 05:23 PM
Gear Shift Lever Rubber Sleeve Fell Off gatdammit Mechanical and Technical 0 May 22nd, 2013 09:05 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.