Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 434

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgilb View Post
Are U using Tapatalk?
Nope. Google chrome on a desktop pc.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:50 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 673

Sadly images don't work for me either. Did you just replace the plates then?
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Here's a pic of the 2013/14 clutch assembly. Note that the 2015 has two "anti-judder" rings on the inner end of the clutch pack, that's going into my Strada next month.

Okay, now I've made a list of changed parts. The new part numbers are:

Clutch Disc Set: 19020312A (last three numbers completely different from 2013)
Plate Holder Hub (inner): 196106601B (only the last letter changed)
Pressure Plate:19420573B: (next to last number changed).

Of course the parts diagrams only show the change in the disc set.

And the parts cost, total, exceeds $1000. Lawdy Mama!
Attached Thumbnails
That clutch again...-hym_my13_clutch-parts.jpg  

Last edited by zippy49; January 9th, 2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: yet even moar
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 10:47 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 862

$1000 for a clutch? What the hell... should be like $200 tops.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
Here's a pic of the 2013/14 clutch assembly. Note that the 2015 has two "anti-judder" rings on the inner end of the clutch pack, that's going into my Strada next month.

Okay, now I've made a list of changed parts. The new part numbers are:

Clutch Disc Set: 19020312A (last three numbers completely different from 2013)
Plate Holder Hub (inner): 196106601B (only the last letter changed)
Pressure Plate:19420573B: (next to last number changed).

Of course the parts diagrams only show the change in the disc set.

And the parts cost, total, exceeds $1000. Lawdy Mama!
Thanks for collating this. Did a quick search just on the clutch plates and you can save about $100.00 by ordering from Europe. Keep us posted as you progress.
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
lomax's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
From: Westminster, CO.
Posts: 104

My Hyper clutch is a dream compared to my Multi clutch.
lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:57 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by appliance821 View Post
Thanks for collating this. Did a quick search just on the clutch plates and you can save about $100.00 by ordering from Europe. Keep us posted as you progress.
Barnett has them for $239, to fit the Monster 821. However, they don't seem to include the two anti-judder rings. I will call them later to find out for sure.

I'd hate to think that those little rings are worth >$200....

Update: Yes, those rings are not included. However, if enough owners were to call or email them about this they might make them.

Last edited by zippy49; January 10th, 2017 at 07:56 AM. Reason: get on the phone, guys
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 862

Could we simply buy a judder spring and add it to our existing clutch pack? I wonder why Ducati didn't use one in the first place... they seem pretty common on most bikes.

It appears to just be a giant thin belleville washer, to add a little more displacement and cushion to the clutch engagement.

If someone measures the diameters and thickness of the 2015 judder spring maybe we can find another one that will work just as well.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 434

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Could we simply buy a judder spring and add it to our existing clutch pack? I wonder why Ducati didn't use one in the first place... they seem pretty common on most bikes.

It appears to just be a giant thin belleville washer, to add a little more displacement and cushion to the clutch engagement.

If someone measures the diameters and thickness of the 2015 judder spring maybe we can find another one that will work just as well.
To use a judder spring though, we'd need an extra friction plate to match the outer diameter of the judder spring, correct?
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Could we simply buy a judder spring and add it to our existing clutch pack? I wonder why Ducati didn't use one in the first place... they seem pretty common on most bikes.

It appears to just be a giant thin belleville washer, to add a little more displacement and cushion to the clutch engagement.

If someone measures the diameters and thickness of the 2015 judder spring maybe we can find another one that will work just as well.
That's a good question. The parts fiche includes the plates and judder springs as one part, but I wonder if a dealer could get the judder springs separately.
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
clutch



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clutch Cable cjc045 Mechanical and Technical 20 June 14th, 2017 04:49 PM
Hyper 821 Touring seat - Top Case - side tankpad - clutch cable - clutch lever rizoma silenthunter Classifieds 1 May 26th, 2016 09:01 PM
Clutch rattles Whiteone Ducati Hyperstrada 4 November 6th, 2015 03:25 PM
Clutch Going? gatdammit Mechanical and Technical 6 September 20th, 2015 10:18 AM
adjustable clutch? twozzie Ducati Hyperstrada 39 October 8th, 2014 08:57 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.