Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Vietnam
Posts: 34

Dashboard problem again !!

Hi guys, I online again for my dashboard, I replaced the new dashboard 2 weeks ago ! Now it got again, I can't know what happening with my bike ??!! Any one knows the issue??

Here my video : https://youtu.be/m2PmHwwnuKc

Ps:after problem, The dashboard shows "Hypermotard", not Hyperstrada??

Best regards!

Last edited by cubizme; December 18th, 2016 at 05:26 PM.
cubizme is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old December 18th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

Did you replace it yourself? Did you also replace the coils? Did you replace the ECU?
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 08:00 PM   #3
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Vietnam
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Did you replace it yourself? Did you also replace the coils? Did you replace the ECU?
No, i didn't, the mechanic of garage local replaced it, he said just replaced only dashboard, I trust him and it worked smoothly for 2 weeks! And now he said return his garage for checking ! Does anyone open the dashboard and fix it yourself?? Etc replace the IC ... ??
cubizme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubizme View Post
No, i didn't, the mechanic of garage local replaced it, he said just replaced only dashboard, I trust him and it worked smoothly for 2 weeks! And now he said return his garage for checking ! Does anyone open the dashboard and fix it yourself?? Etc replace the IC ... ??
You must also replace the ignition coils. That is supposedly the root issue causing dashboard failure. Also, check with Ducati re: a recall for 2013 models. Someone here mentioned a change to the wiring to help with this issue.

You can try to disassemble the dash unit, you would be the first person to do so. If you do, please post up pictures. I would be very interested to see. I have been asking for a broken one to analyze, but they are never available.

What is the part number of the new dash unit?
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Vietnam
Posts: 34

Now I have 2 dashboards, so I want to try on another, but I do not know how to disassemble the dash, I don't see any bolt to open. Anyone knows how to do it ???
cubizme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubizme View Post
Now I have 2 dashboards, so I want to try on another, but I do not know how to disassemble the dash, I don't see any bolt to open. Anyone knows how to do it ???
Show some pics. I figured there would be some screws from the back side.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 10:38 AM   #7
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: england
Posts: 65

i had a "can" wire replaced to the dashboard last month under a ducati recall on my very early 2013 hyperstrada.
My dealer seemed to think it was something to do with the dashboard problem.
i would think that any dealer would be able to tell you if the recall applies to your bike by the chassis number.
r3monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 06:17 PM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Vietnam
Posts: 34

here my old dash :
http://https://flic.kr/p/QcNTSM

Here my now dash problem :
http://https://flic.kr/p/Qa6xXG

How could I check my Strada in the list of recall ??
cubizme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 07:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

That is the latest dash unit... And the "old" dash is the same one I have. Still not the oldest that the first models came with though!

Try calling the dealer with your VIN to see if it comes up on the recall. I don't see any screws... not sure how it comes apart. Maybe you have to cut the old one to find out.

40610951E from Jan 20, 2013 (2013 model year only)
40610953E from Sept 1, 2013 (2014 model year only)
40610951F from Sept 4, 2013 (2014 model year onward)
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:54 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 479

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
That is the latest dash unit... And the "old" dash is the same one I have. Still not the oldest that the first models came with though!

Try calling the dealer with your VIN to see if it comes up on the recall. I don't see any screws... not sure how it comes apart. Maybe you have to cut the old one to find out.

40610951E from Jan 20, 2013 (2013 model year only)
40610953E from Sept 1, 2013 (2014 model year only)
40610951F from Sept 4, 2013 (2014 model year onward)
I'd bet money mine has a 40610951E. If we can get a reliable way to open them up without damage, I'm willing to participate in the diagnosis.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
dashboard, problem



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throttle problem/Surging HyperPhil Ducati Hyperstrada 173 March 29th, 2017 07:51 AM
SOS ! Help me about hyperstrada dashboard !! cubizme Mechanical and Technical 19 October 20th, 2016 06:25 PM
First Hyper problem MKeizerke Ducati Hyperstrada 8 August 6th, 2014 07:28 AM
Limiter problem Petta Mechanical and Technical 0 June 25th, 2014 08:34 AM
Engine Start Problem HiroTokyo Mechanical and Technical 18 March 1st, 2014 05:09 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.