Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:07 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 436

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
#1 - In the first 600 miles the throttle began to stick at 4k RPM, even when OFF the throttle. Happened in every gear. Dealer changes throttle, now only happens when I decelerate in 1st gear.

This is a recall. It shouldn't be on your list because Ducati HAS addressed it. Your problem with decelerating in first gear is because of one of the later ECU updates to address people's problems of the bike dying on decel/pulling the clutch in. I've noticed what you're referring to, but it isn't because the throttle is sticking.

#2 - Warping bodywork. The left body panel has warped itself away from the gas tank cover. Ducati North America and the dealers have claimed "it was designed this way...to warp overtime." (retards. no. I'm a designer myself and close with the engineering world and things aren't designed to do that, ever.)

Ducati's response aside, you never commented on your own thread here with photos. There are members here willing to help you diagnose the issue, but you never responded. For all we know, something is assembled wrong?

#3 - Buzzing, loose, sloppy fitment of the nose fairing

Is it that hard to disassemble and check a few bolts? We have a "squeaks and rattles" thread here, and where to look for common noises. I don't see an issue?

#4 - Burning oil.

This is the most concerning of your list, but again, without proof that 3000 miles ago the engine oil was at the top of the sight glass, we can't be sure. Change the oil and ride the damn bike instead of complaining, maybe then we can all find out if it is actually burning oil. Better yet, when you change it, take a sample and send it in for analysis. They would be able to confirm any blow-by, and determine if they think the oil was being burned.

Sorry for the strong opinions, but you really sound biased against the bike right off the bat. ALL bikes have issues. And yes, most of us here can confirm that working with DNA is a pain in the ass, myself included. With solid proof, they can be persuaded. Don't let these few minor issues (possible oil consumption aside) get in your way of enjoying a great bike.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 674

Get in touch with snowcat and form a "everything sucks so bad and I'm gonna let the world know" club.

It's one thing to have a problem and seek help - it's another to ignore everyone and just keep saying I have a problem and the bike sucks. You're wasting peoples' time.

Figure it out, and let us know what the real issue was. That would be helpful.

I don't even have a problem, and I've learned stuff from this thread for future reference. I guess I should thank you for that - indirectly.
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #23
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Sacramento
Posts: 39

I've learned that I likely have -1 quart of oil in my hyper, which opens me up to all kinds of physics defying excitement.
Devinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #24
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Los Angeles
Posts: 31

I appreciate the responses. Yup, this thread really got away from me and spawned into something else. Took the advice from earlier on and bike currently in shop. I will let you know what they find out.

Thanks for letting me know about the recall and ECU update. Neither the dealer, Ducati North America or my mom told me about that, even after they replaced the throttle then told me everything was fine.

Sorry if this all sounds like I'm venting. Extra frustrating when this is my primary source of transport and is in the shop 5 - 6 times a month since purchasing.

Will follow up with answers if anything is solved after this trip to the shop. My bet is they say - "couldn't find anything wrong with bike burning oil, so we topped it off. The ECU is up to date and designed to ride that way. Bodywork looks fine to us."
flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:48 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 436

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik View Post
I appreciate the responses. Yup, this thread really got away from me and spawned into something else. Took the advice from earlier on and bike currently in shop. I will let you know what they find out.

Thanks for letting me know about the recall and ECU update. Neither the dealer, Ducati North America or my mom told me about that, even after they replaced the throttle then told me everything was fine.

Sorry if this all sounds like I'm venting. Extra frustrating when this is my primary source of transport and is in the shop 5 - 6 times a month since purchasing.

Will follow up with answers if anything is solved after this trip to the shop. My bet is they say - "couldn't find anything wrong with bike burning oil, so we topped it off. The ECU is up to date and designed to ride that way. Bodywork looks fine to us."
There's nothing wrong with venting. But at the end of the day, the forums here are for us to share helpful tips and information. I think the community here usually does just that.

Let us know what you find out, and we can provide input from there.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 06:42 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
gatdammit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: North Florida, USA
Posts: 1,849

I Ride: 2013 White Strada
If you ask me, your dealer is the prime source of your issues. I had a common noisy brakes issue when it was fairly new. Even though my dealer had trouble duplicating and couldn't come up with an easy fix, he replaced my rotors twice under warranty without no fuss. When I came back a 3rd time, he came out of pocket for a set of top line Brembo race rotors. Oh, that last brake job, they drove 80 miles to pick the bike up from my home and delivered 2 days later.

They never had a problem with me hanging out in the mech bays and talking to the techs, getting maintenance tips that would keep me from brining the bike back for a quick buck.

What my dealer did was seal a future sale. Equal parts love of the bike and love of the care and service I get. Your dealer skipped this day of dealership owner school.
gatdammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 08:33 AM   #27
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Los Angeles
Posts: 31

Follow Up:

Really wish I would've put money on this. As I predicted, here is Beverly Hills Ducati's notes.

- "We couldn't duplicate or find anything wrong for it to be burning oil"
- "Your ECU is up to date"
- "We recommend doing an oil change though since you are at 3,700 miles"

So I paid their $172 and got the oil changed properly. Now will keep an eye on this thing like a hawk.

Standing up, both wheels on the ground the oil level is where it should be in the sight glass after the oil change.

And @gatdammit - I'm really jealous of your dealership. None of the dealers in LA that I've been to have been like that.
flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 436

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik View Post

- "We couldn't duplicate or find anything wrong for it to be burning oil"
- "Your ECU is up to date"
- "We recommend doing an oil change though since you are at 3,700 miles"
These are all unsurprising to me as well. Sorry that your dealer is like this. But yes, keep a close eye on the oil level and report back when you've logged some miles.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: TN
Posts: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by flik View Post
Follow Up:

Really wish I would've put money on this. As I predicted, here is Beverly Hills Ducati's notes.

- "We couldn't duplicate or find anything wrong for it to be burning oil"
- "Your ECU is up to date"
- "We recommend doing an oil change though since you are at 3,700 miles"

So I paid their $172 and got the oil changed properly. Now will keep an eye on this thing like a hawk.

Standing up, both wheels on the ground the oil level is where it should be in the sight glass after the oil change.

And @gatdammit - I'm really jealous of your dealership. None of the dealers in LA that I've been to have been like that.
Did they check for the throttle control, and CANBUS filter recall?
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #30
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Los Angeles
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Did they check for the throttle control, and CANBUS filter recall?
They didn't check the throttle control, but you'll need to educate me on the CANBUS filter recall.

I haven't heard of anything like that. It's a Hyperstrada 939. Should I have had that looked in to?
flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
302, hyperstrada, issue, light, oil



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear turn light to led light Yama Hu Mechanical and Technical 2 March 27th, 2016 07:35 AM
First issue with mine zibbit u2 Mechanical and Technical 15 September 20th, 2015 11:28 AM
New 2014 Hyperstrada & Question on Low Fuel Light hetrida Ducati Hyperstrada 23 June 21st, 2015 04:36 PM
2013 Hyperstrada throttle issue Braaap Mechanical and Technical 11 August 20th, 2014 03:35 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.