Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2017, 05:57 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 View Post
So whats the benefit of having this new kit and is it what comes stock from the factory for 15+ hypers or is it an aftermarket mod?
You'll have the option of retrofitting your existing clutch or swapping it out entirely. It will make the clutch easier to use by giving it some squish rather than an instant grab action.

Just like the '15 no strange parts.

Last edited by kuksul08; July 30th, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #82
Member
 
ripyowrist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Alabama
Posts: 43

I Ride: 2013 Hypermotard 821
Are the Italians still on vacation? Does anyone know if we are still going to go forward with this?
ripyowrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:57 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
MartyGarrison's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Washington, DC
Posts: 153

I Ride: 16 Honda CRF250l, 2016 Hyperstada 939
Curious, did Ducati change the clutch for the 939? I have no issues with mine. What are the symptoms of the 13-14 that the kit resolves?
MartyGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Canada
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGarrison View Post
Curious, did Ducati change the clutch for the 939? I have no issues with mine. What are the symptoms of the 13-14 that the kit resolves?
939 has different clutch altogether. 13-14 821 models had a very abrupt, grabby clutch.
bayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 10:37 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripyowrist View Post
Are the Italians still on vacation? Does anyone know if we are still going to go forward with this?
Yup, still happening. I think they are getting back soon, and will pack and ship our stuff. I believe it is set to arrive mid-to-end of the month.

Then I will figure out how we are to order them.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #86
Jng
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Hong kong
Posts: 2

Hi everyone , i am new to this forum , as i just bought mine 13 hyper 821 2 days ago and immediately feel the same clutch problem then track down to this thread, great write up.

I just wondering would it be too late to order the set, I prefer no.2 thank you.
Jng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #87
Member
 
ripyowrist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Alabama
Posts: 43

I Ride: 2013 Hypermotard 821
Hey Jng, welcome to the Forum! I noticed your profile says you are from Hong Kong. While Kuksul is in charge of this endeavor idk if shipping arrangements will be made for US to China. I believe most of the people involved in this "group buy" are in the US. Kuksul knows a supplier that can wholesale the parts from Italy to the US and then he is going to distribute them *I think*. That said, he may be willing to help you out provided you can cover the additional cost of post from US to Hong Kong.

This is all speculation though as I am still a little fuzzy about the process after the Italians return from their vacation. It sounds like all the parts will come to Kuksul and he will distribute them to us.
ripyowrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 12:32 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripyowrist View Post
Hey Jng, welcome to the Forum! I noticed your profile says you are from Hong Kong. While Kuksul is in charge of this endeavor idk if shipping arrangements will be made for US to China. I believe most of the people involved in this "group buy" are in the US. Kuksul knows a supplier that can wholesale the parts from Italy to the US and then he is going to distribute them *I think*. That said, he may be willing to help you out provided you can cover the additional cost of post from US to Hong Kong.

This is all speculation though as I am still a little fuzzy about the process after the Italians return from their vacation. It sounds like all the parts will come to Kuksul and he will distribute them to us.
Basically all I've done is facilitate getting the parts to us, but we will all (including me) purchase them through the seller's eBay store. The parts should be in transit now and available for order by the end of the month. He said to give him about 1 week to put up the official listing on eBay, which means ~October 7th. I am going to follow up real soon to make sure it's all on track.

I think he can ship to China, but the rates will depend on whether it's a full kit or retrofit kit because of the weight. The retrofit kit will be very light, but the full kit will have all the steel plates.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 07:49 PM   #89
Jng
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Hong kong
Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Basically all I've done is facilitate getting the parts to us, but we will all (including me) purchase them through the seller's eBay store. The parts should be in transit now and available for order by the end of the month. He said to give him about 1 week to put up the official listing on eBay, which means ~October 7th. I am going to follow up real soon to make sure it's all on track.

I think he can ship to China, but the rates will depend on whether it's a full kit or retrofit kit because of the weight. The retrofit kit will be very light, but the full kit will have all the steel plates.
That's cool if he can listed on eBay, thanks guys
Jng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,049

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Excellent, thanks in advance Kuksul.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
clutch, interest, kit, list, retrofit



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gauging interest in Hyper Lights V2 kuksul08 Ducati Hyperstrada 119 September 22nd, 2016 04:54 PM
Hyperstrada problem list jseal57 Mechanical and Technical 73 July 27th, 2016 05:20 AM
Hyper 821 Touring seat - Top Case - side tankpad - clutch cable - clutch lever rizoma silenthunter Classifieds 1 May 26th, 2016 10:01 PM
Gauging Interest - 2013 Hyperstrada (quality mods) uspspro Classifieds 1 May 25th, 2016 02:37 PM
Interest in a dash protector? kuksul08 Ducati Hyperstrada 22 August 7th, 2015 11:59 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.