Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2017, 10:49 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
Okay, I just got off the phone with Chaz. Turns out that the anti-judder spring and matching friction plate are from their dry clutch pack....and they are the same for the 821. I figure they should know! They don't have a part number for just those bits.

Now, I wouldn't expect this every time, but he is sending me those two parts for free. I've used their stuff for decades, but I am truly stunned. What a great outfit.
Could you tell him you have five 821s and cut us in?
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:39 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,023

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
'Fraid not, y'all are on your own. Sheesh, I've made it simple enough.

Besides, Murphy might just take over.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:44 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 810

Welp, I gave in and called. Chaz is out of the office, I talked to Mark. He's going to give me the part number for the parts and if there are enough people, make it a special order so it's easy to get.

Oh, and super super super nice people there. I will 100% support them next time I need a clutch.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 07:19 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 395

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Welp, I gave in and called. Chaz is out of the office, I talked to Mark. He's going to give me the part number for the parts and if there are enough people, make it a special order so it's easy to get.

Oh, and super super super nice people there. I will 100% support them next time I need a clutch.
Put me down!
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:32 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
mentalist's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: uk
Posts: 581

I Ride: Triumph Thruxton R.Ducati 916 foggy rep, NC30 Honda, RD350 YPVS F1, Ducati HyperStrada
And me
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 05:18 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: ABQ NM
Posts: 118

Sign me up too. Clutch cable adjustment isn't solving the problem.

Edit: meant to say "isn't", thanx Zip.

Last edited by BadToTheBown; January 28th, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
BadToTheBown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 06:54 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,023

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
it's always something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadToTheBown View Post
Sign me up too. Clutch cable adjustment is solving the problem.
You mean "isn't," right?

I got an envelope from Barnett yesterday. It contained the narrow friction plate, but not the spring. It was after their biz hours, so I'll follow up on Monday.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #58
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: New Zealand
Posts: 30

I Ride: 2014 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
You mean "isn't," right?

I got an envelope from Barnett yesterday. It contained the narrow friction plate, but not the spring. It was after their biz hours, so I'll follow up on Monday.
Looking forward to seeing how this works out. Then my Hyper will be the perfect bike for me. This is my only grizzle (so far touch wood)
timg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 11:15 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: California
Posts: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
You mean "isn't," right?

I got an envelope from Barnett yesterday. It contained the narrow friction plate, but not the spring. It was after their biz hours, so I'll follow up on Monday.
Does it look like this? I got it in the mail today. Not sure when I will get around to installing it, with many other things going on lately.

So the part number to ask for is: "527-9MAB with damper spring and seat"



I'm wondering if the friction material is optimal. It is their "RQ" material which stands for "Race Quality". On the Barnett website, their Hyperstrada kit uses Kevlar plates, and says they typically use kevlar in wet clutches. The guy at Barnett said the RQ would work fine in wet or dry clutches. I believe it has higher heat tolerance (as you'd see in a dry clutch). Either way we're only swapping one plate so it probably won't make any difference.
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 11:28 PM   #60
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: New Zealand
Posts: 30

I Ride: 2014 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Does it look like this? I got it in the mail today. Not sure when I will get around to installing it, with many other things going on lately.

So the part number to ask for is: "527-9MAB with damper spring and seat"



I'm wondering if the friction material is optimal. It is their "RQ" material which stands for "Race Quality". On the Barnett website, their Hyperstrada kit uses Kevlar plates, and says they typically use kevlar in wet clutches. The guy at Barnett said the RQ would work fine in wet or dry clutches. I believe it has higher heat tolerance (as you'd see in a dry clutch). Either way we're only swapping one plate so it probably won't make any difference.
Hiya, when you do install it a step by step guide/photos would be appreciated by us less mechanically competent/brave if you were able Cheers
timg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
821, clutch, modified, monster, spring



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monster compared to HS? kabulpostie Ducati Hyperstrada 12 November 28th, 2015 05:00 AM
The "Blue Beauty" is complete! Heavily modified Hyperstrada *LOTS of PICTURES* HyperstradaHopeful Ducati Hyperstrada 39 October 7th, 2015 03:45 AM
adjustable clutch? twozzie Ducati Hyperstrada 39 October 8th, 2014 08:57 AM
Need a stiffer shock spring. greghubbs Ducati Hyperstrada 11 June 19th, 2014 12:16 AM
Monster 1200 mirrors Ward Ducati Hyperstrada 9 May 6th, 2014 10:32 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.