Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Motorcycle Talk For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2016, 12:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Canada, Ottawa
Posts: 246

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821 - 2013, Hyperstrada 939 - 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdi View Post


15000 km ? how do you do that ?
If my Angel GT is good for 7000 km i will be happy, most likely they only will last 5000-6000, the way they look after 4000 km now.
Your amazement is the equivalent of mine to know other drivers killing their tires in less than half of what I can do. Like, I don't make a particular effort to save the tires above all. It's defenitively due to the driving style but I can only try to describe at best.

-I don't do burns at the red light.
-I use both front and rear brakes evenly.
-I don't start and race down the street at every occasions.
-Lot's of country riding.
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old February 23rd, 2016, 08:16 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Your amazement is the equivalent of mine to know other drivers killing their tires in less than half of what I can do. Like, I don't make a particular effort to save the tires above all. It's defenitively due to the driving style but I can only try to describe at best.

-I don't do burns at the red light.
-I use both front and rear brakes evenly.
-I don't start and race down the street at every occasions.
-Lot's of country riding.
Easy answer: You are SLOW. But seriously...

Respectful answer: I am retired, don't commute or run errands on our bikes much. Although I tend to use the front brake more than the rear, otherwise that list describes my riding. However, I do enjoy burning around the corners, which wears them out on the edges first. This is not on mere 'country roads', more like 'racing roads'. Also, we don't have gatsos or much radar on these roads.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 02:27 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Canada, Ottawa
Posts: 246

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821 - 2013, Hyperstrada 939 - 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
Easy answer: You are SLOW. But seriously...

Respectful answer: I am retired, don't commute or run errands on our bikes much. Although I tend to use the front brake more than the rear, otherwise that list describes my riding. However, I do enjoy burning around the corners, which wears them out on the edges first. This is not on mere 'country roads', more like 'racing roads'. Also, we don't have gatsos or much radar on these roads.
No problems bud. But slow, me? What? lol... well maybe (just for the benefit of doubt) but according to some I'm not. I'm only reporting what I've been told. I'm very considerate when I lead large groups but once on my own or with few choosen buddies that's a different story. Ticket wise I've been lucky -knock on wood- so far.

However. I wrotew the 'country road' to point out the factor that I don't start and stop has much has in the city. 60% of my rides happen in the country side. Maybe that explain my tires longivity.

Last edited by NewRider; February 23rd, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 08:52 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
No problems bud. But slow, me? What? lol... well maybe (just for the benefit of doubt) but according to some I'm not. I'm only reporting what I've been told. I'm very considerate when I lead large groups but once on my own or with few choosen buddies that's a different story. Ticket wise I've been lucky -knock on wood- so far.

However. I wrotew the 'country road' to point out the factor that I don't start and stop has much has in the city. 60% of my rides happen in the country side. Maybe that explain my tires longivity.
That and a more gentle wrist than mine...
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 09:08 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
I offer this map to help describe what I mean by 'racer roads'....if you ever get to SoCal I'll lead you up there!

If you check this area out on Google Maps street view you can actually ride the road, one click at at time.
Attached Thumbnails
The worst tire.-palomar.jpg  

Last edited by zippy49; February 24th, 2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: moar
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Canada, Ottawa
Posts: 246

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821 - 2013, Hyperstrada 939 - 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
I offer this map to help describe what I mean by 'racer roads'....if you ever get to SoCal I'll lead you up there!

If you check this area out on Google Maps street view you can actually ride the road, one click at at time.
You bet I whish I could go. Really.

A friend of mine is familiar with the area and filed my brain with dreams about touring the states. Socal, the Apalachians, the Dragon's tail, etc etc name it. But I can't step foot on US soil. Since the United States Department of Homeland Security can't make the difference between the bad teenager I was 25 years ago and a terrorist, well it suck to be me.

Still. I can try Europe, most of the Asian countries, Africa... Australia...

Last edited by NewRider; February 25th, 2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 09:17 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
You bet I whish I could go. Really.

A friend of mine is familiar with the area and filed my brain with dreams about touring the states. Socal, the Apalachians, the Dragon's tail, etc etc name it. But I can't step foot on US soil. Since the United States Department of Homeland Security can't make the difference the bad teenager I was 25 years ago and a terrorist, well it suck to be me.

Still. I can try Europe, most of the Asian countries, Africa... Australia...
Sorry to hear that, and the way our politics look right now that won't change very soon. I was born at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, but am on some sort of Homeland Security watch list. Have been denied access to a flight because "my name was similar to one on the no-fly list." WTF?
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 02:44 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Canada, Ottawa
Posts: 246

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821 - 2013, Hyperstrada 939 - 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy49 View Post
Sorry to hear that, and the way our politics look right now that won't change very soon. I was born at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, but am on some sort of Homeland Security watch list. Have been denied access to a flight because "my name was similar to one on the no-fly list." WTF?
Wow. I though I was a poor case but respectuously you beat me there. So you technically can't leave the country as long as this list exist?

*Mind blown*
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 07:50 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
zippy49's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Inland SoCal
Posts: 1,030

I Ride: anything I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Wow. I though I was a poor case but respectuously you beat me there. So you technically can't leave the country as long as this list exist?

*Mind blown*
Ha ha no it's not quite that bad. They just make me jump though extra hoops to get a boarding pass. But my wife and I were on our way back from a guided tour to China and Tibet in '07 and got bumped from our return flight in Singapore because of this...even though China did give us Visas. Wasn't their fault, it was good ol' DHS. That was a bit scary, but we did make it home.
zippy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
poor, quality, safety, tire, worst



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vibrations after tire changing silenthunter Mechanical and Technical 9 July 1st, 2014 04:02 AM
Tire Wear - need a new rear tire and when? Frank Rizzo Ducati Hyperstrada 4 February 25th, 2014 02:10 AM
Standard tire mileage JefDC Ducati Hyperstrada 6 December 16th, 2013 10:42 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.