Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:08 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: Where you can't pump your own gas
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdi View Post
no costs than other bikes also, except the 30000km/18000 miles cam belt change
Everything I've been reading says that's about $1200. On top of that, the fuel sensor issue has me wondering what will happen after my warranty is up in May.
StraydogEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:10 AM   #12
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 30

I Ride: 13 Hyperstrada
Your 690 SMC will be too much of an overlap with the HS. The HS probably better for longer rides and more power but for city riding, they're similar.

For multi-day touring where you're slabbing quite a bit, the HS is probably not the best tool for the job. Sure you can do it. Heck, i know a lot of people who tour on their crotch rocket.
v10rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 846

I Ride: hyperstrada 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by straydogeod View Post
everything i've been reading says that's about $1200. On top of that, the fuel sensor issue has me wondering what will happen after my warranty is up in may.
$500 - 600
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: Where you can't pump your own gas
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by appliance821 View Post
$500 - 600
15000 mile service $$$ - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

In that link I see a lot more reports of 1000-1200 as well as have a buddy who used to own a Multi and was charged that for the service. I do see some in there claiming 600 but I'm thinking I'm going to have to travel pretty far to find a dealer that will do the service for that seeing as everything is f'n expensive near Philly/NYC.

Also, the built to fail fuel sensor has me concerned about continued coverage. I find putting a resistor across the sensor plug terminals to be an unacceptable solution to this problem personally. If this were a cheap, used Japanese bike like an SV650 I wouldn't care but it is not that.

Last edited by StraydogEOD; December 7th, 2015 at 08:00 PM.
StraydogEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 01:41 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Austria
Posts: 328

I Ride: 2016 Hyperstrada 939 red, 2006 MotoMorini Corsaro 1200 black/silver, 2005 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraydogEOD View Post
15000 mile service $$$ - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

In that link I see a lot more reports of 1000-1200 as well as have a buddy who used to own a Multi and was charged that for the service. I do see some in there claiming 600 but I'm thinking I'm going to have to travel pretty far to find a dealer that will do the service for that seeing as everything is f'n expensive near Philly/NYC.

Also, the built to fail fuel sensor has me concerned about continued coverage. I find putting a resistor across the sensor plug terminals to be an unacceptable solution to this problem personally. If this were a cheap, used Japanese bike like an SV650 I wouldn't care but it is not that.

boy, buy what you want. you must not argue against a Ducati in a Ducatiforum.
if you will be happy with any other bikle where servicecosts are cheaper, in your opinion, go this way. nobody is forced to drive a MS oder HS or any other Duc if he is not satisfied with its quality.
ferdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 04:22 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: Where you can't pump your own gas
Posts: 9

If I came across as coming to a Ducati based forum to talk trash on the brand, that wasn't my intention, my apologies.

I really want to love this bike and the brand as a whole, the performance is incredible. I'm having trouble paying the overall/long term price of admission to play is my issue.

In the end, as the ole adage goes "if it has tits or a motor it's eventually going to give you problems".
StraydogEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 05:08 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Austria
Posts: 328

I Ride: 2016 Hyperstrada 939 red, 2006 MotoMorini Corsaro 1200 black/silver, 2005 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraydogEOD View Post
If I came across as coming to a Ducati based forum to talk trash on the brand, that wasn't my intention, my apologies.

I really want to love this bike and the brand as a whole, the performance is incredible. I'm having trouble paying the overall/long term price of admission to play is my issue.

In the end, as the ole adage goes "if it has tits or a motor it's eventually going to give you problems".
your last sentence is definitly right. and maybe italian women make more problems than japanese ones. but, they are prettier and make more fun .
nothing is free of charge in life.

in my opinion, beside some troubles a Duc will give you eventually more than a japanese one, the servicecosts every 30000km (for me this is about every 4 years), should not be releavant to keep it or not.

forget the fuel sensor - i had bikes for 30 years without fuelsensors, just with a fuel switch .
ferdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Lobby > New Users

Tags
current, moving, mts, owner



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving from a Superbike L3nny New Users 5 April 27th, 2015 04:39 AM
New Owner! Bsucardinalfan Ducati Hyperstrada 16 March 28th, 2015 01:03 PM
New Hyperstrada Owner Itsn Ducati Hyperstrada 7 October 25th, 2014 05:02 PM
New SP owner in San Diego thomashpsn New Users 1 May 16th, 2014 08:42 AM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.