Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2017, 09:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: North Carolina
Posts: 3

I Ride: 821 Hyperstrada
Replacement lock barrels for panniers???

Hello guys and gals,

I'm in dire need of some lock cylinders (barrels) for my 2013, 821 Hyperstrada. I bought the bike used and the bags (DUCATI semi-rigid) are brand new with all of the parts minus the locks. 😭😭😭

I've searched high and low in the internet and haven't found anyone else with my issue. Surely I'm not the only One!

Please get back to me if you have any information on where or how I can go about getting replacement parts for my bags. Thanks in advance!
Vandal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old July 26th, 2017, 04:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 461

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal13 View Post
Hello guys and gals,

I'm in dire need of some lock cylinders (barrels) for my 2013, 821 Hyperstrada. I bought the bike used and the bags (DUCATI semi-rigid) are brand new with all of the parts minus the locks. 😭😭😭

I've searched high and low in the internet and haven't found anyone else with my issue. Surely I'm not the only One!

Please get back to me if you have any information on where or how I can go about getting replacement parts for my bags. Thanks in advance!
Your dealer is probably going to be the only ones that can help. I took my spare trunk lock core that comes with the bike to a locksmith and they told me they'd have no way to source a new one.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: North Carolina
Posts: 3

I Ride: 821 Hyperstrada
Say it ain't so! �� The dealer has already said that I would have to order a new set of panniers as the lock cylinders aren't sold separately. There's just no way I'm gonna go that route.

I was hoping there was a Givi, Yakima, or other lock cylinder that would fit and could be ordered as a set, with a key.

I'll remain hopeful for now.

Thx for the reply monocog007!
Vandal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Green Cove Springs, FL
Posts: 47

I have a set. Bought an new old stock bike that was missing the lock cylinders so I got a set. A couple months later, the dealer found the original set and gave them to me. I paid $150 for the set if you're interested. They can easily be matched to your key by moving the pins around. Do you have the latches that get screwed to the ends of the cylinders?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flvraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 01:14 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: North Carolina
Posts: 3

I Ride: 821 Hyperstrada
Excellent!!!

Omg,.... Yes, I have everything but the cylinders. Is it difficult to set them up to accept my key? Any kind of tutorial or step by step I can follow on the web?? Let me know! I'll gladly take them off your hands. I look forward to hearing from you again!
Vandal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 05:35 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Boston
Posts: 686

I'd also try to contact givi. And if they have the cylinders - I'm pretty sure they'd be stock items - you can go to locksmith to adjust the for your keys, or carry 2 keys.
appliance821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
zibbit u2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Victoria BC Canada
Posts: 457

I Ride: 04 WR450 Supermoto, and 13 Hyperstrada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal13 View Post
Omg,.... Yes, I have everything but the cylinders. Is it difficult to set them up to accept my key? Any kind of tutorial or step by step I can follow on the web?? Let me know! I'll gladly take them off your hands. I look forward to hearing from you again!
That's a locksmiths job, not a friendly DIY tutorial.
zibbit u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 03:48 PM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Green Cove Springs, FL
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbit u2 View Post
That's a locksmiths job, not a friendly DIY tutorial.


It's actually quite easy with these barrels. Do t even need special tools.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flvraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 04:58 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
monocog007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Minnesota
Posts: 461

I Ride: 13' Hyperstrada, 00' M900Sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvraptor View Post
It's actually quite easy with these barrels. Do t even need special tools.
The sliding pins pull out of the core itself, right? I've had them apart before at one point but it's hard to remember what they look like.
monocog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 05:01 AM   #10
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Green Cove Springs, FL
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocog007 View Post
The sliding pins pull out of the core itself, right? I've had them apart before at one point but it's hard to remember what they look like.


Yes, they pull completely out. But be careful that the springs don't fly out when you pull the pins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flvraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Lobby > New Users

Tags
barrels, lock, panniers, replacement



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starter Motor Replacement DIY kuksul08 Mechanical and Technical 41 May 26th, 2017 11:09 PM
help with switch replacement astrocortex Mechanical and Technical 2 September 4th, 2016 11:18 AM
Replacement Panniers beef tits Mechanical and Technical 3 October 27th, 2015 09:41 AM
sprocket removal and replacement st2cmack Mechanical and Technical 6 June 30th, 2015 07:06 AM
Replacement Front Rotors twozzie Mechanical and Technical 1 April 20th, 2014 07:05 PM


Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.