Ducati Hyperstrada Forums Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle

Go Back   Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: england
Posts: 70

new guy with new bike

new guy with new bike-dscf2200.jpghi all .
well after road testing a hyperstrada last year i have just bought one from the dealers with only 1200 miles on it for a bargain price.
i dont like black wheels on bikes so the first mod i have done is to powder coat the wheels silver.
i looked on google to try to find some pictures of hypers with different coloured wheels but couldn't find any .
so what do you think ?
r3monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old April 6th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Canada, Ottawa
Posts: 246

I Ride: Hyperstrada 821 - 2013, Hyperstrada 939 - 2016
Nice! Though I prefer black. But you know it's all question of taste. Like I prefer brunettes.
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 09:52 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: México
Posts: 12

Congrats!! Nice paint job on the wheels, but have the same opinion as NewRider.
Enjoy your bike
Arreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: england
Posts: 70

nah we can't all have the same , you have to stand out a bit in the crowd , almost every new bike has black wheels in the uk .
r3monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Belgium
Posts: 142

Look at my topic : color code hyperstrada at th hyperstrada part of this forum. I posted a few pics of motards with coloured wheels! I like it very much but I think it wouldn't be nice on my white one. Maybe titaniumcoulour?

Last edited by gkmapv; April 8th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
gkmapv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3monkey View Post
Attachment 555hi all .
....mod i have done is to powder coat the wheels silver.
i looked on google to try to find some pictures of hypers with different coloured wheels but couldn't find any .
so what do you think ?
Count me in as someone who quite likes the silver wheels. I'm perfectly happy with black, but those look very good.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Makati City, Philippines
Posts: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3monkey View Post
Attachment 555hi all .
well after road testing a hyperstrada last year i have just bought one from the dealers with only 1200 miles on it for a bargain price.
i dont like black wheels on bikes so the first mod i have done is to powder coat the wheels silver.
i looked on google to try to find some pictures of hypers with different coloured wheels but couldn't find any .
so what do you think ?
welcome

i see there is no pannier bracket. did you take it off or was it not sold with the bike?
Monstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:32 AM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: england
Posts: 70

I bought the hyperstrada instead of the hypermotard as i got the strada cheaper than the current used price of a motard ,so i got the panniers etc pretty much for free.
The bracket is sat in my garage and the panniers are in the loft.

Also i take my daughter on the back of the bike so the grab rail comes in handy.

I use the bike as a weekend blaster as the roads over here in north yorkshire are very twisty with short straights so the v twin with wide bars is perfect for them.
If we get some decent weather i hope to be able to do a bit of touring around scotland ,i will put the panniers back on then ,it only takes 5 minutes.
r3monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #9
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: england
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmapv View Post
Look at my topic : color code hyperstrada at th hyperstrada part of this forum. I posted a few pics of motards with coloured wheels! I like it very much but I think it wouldn't be nice on my white one. Maybe titaniumcoulour?
gold was the only different colour wheels i could find pictures of on a hyper,on the web
If i had bought a black bike i would definately have had the wheels done gold.
I saw a red hyper with gold wheels but didn't like it , yet i have seen a couple of white bikes with light gold wheels that looked nice too.
r3monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
NiceweatherManni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 148

There is a red Hyper with red wheels.
The guy posted videos of his Arrow-exhaust at youtube.
NiceweatherManni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Ducati Hyperstrada Forum > Lobby > New Users

Tags
bike, guy, silver wheels



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Ducati Hyperstrada Facebook Ducati Hyperstrada Twitter Ducati Hyperstrada RSS Feed



Ducati Hyperstrada Motorcycle Forum
Copyright © 2012-2014 HYPERSTRADA.COM • All rights reserved.