diagnostic plug for GuzziDiag

May 2015
Sweden
thanks bolbotos,

immediatly after looking at your picture i went into the garage, and really, i found the connector, hidden under the Ecu-connections. i would have never looked for the plug there ;). all cables are so tight and have no room so i never thought that there could be a plug underneath.

when i find time i will change my existing cable to really fit my Ducatiplug and then look at my ECU with GuzziDiag.
At time i am playing around with the Rexxer tuning. Until i get my <2production" files i changed back to stock today, because of the unstable idle.

Hopefully Beard finds time soon to create a reader and a writer for the 7SM Ecu also, and most important, that the version of the California 1400 uses the same adresses for O2sensors activation and heating as our bikes do.
Nice work, keep us posted om the progress.

I'm having severe problems with surging. If this works, i will definitely try it out.

Oct 2015
london
Hi everyone,

I still tested GuzziDiag with our MM 7SM ECU and this works well! Every measurement block and diagnose test is available. The 7SM ECU is also used in MG California 1400 and Aprilia RSV 4.

The diagnose interface is located under the seat in the area of the ECU. I can take a photo, if this helps.

CAUTION:

The pin assignment is not the standard one on the Hyper! If you connect your 3-Pin diagnose to OBD cable without reassignment, you can brick up your ECU.

I can post further information tomorrow (wiring diagram), if this is requested.

Kind regards,

bolbotos
Hi bolbotos, could you give us the wiring diagram for 3PIN FIAT to OBD reassignment ?
Thank you

Sep 2015
Westminster, CO.
Tuned in to learn more. I have the full Guzzidiag setup that I used on my Stelvio with great results. Would LOVE to be able to use this program on my Multistrada and Hyperstrada.

Marc

Feb 2014
TN
thanks, bolbotos,

Beard wrote me that GND is switched between pin 1 and 2, i know that already. my problem really is that i cannot find the plug on my HS. just looked again yesterday afternoon, and i know how the plug should look like. Also found the wiring diagram in manual.
i only find my CANbus diagnostic plug, where i have an healtech gear indicator connected - HealTech Electronics Ltd. ? Smart Tech for your Ride ? GIpro DS-series .
a photo of the location and the plug would be really nice, thank you very much.
So do I only switch pins 1 and 2?

Looking at the bikes schematic it shows GND on pin 1 and serial line on pin 3.

Jul 2014
California
Bumping for more information.

Anyone have some directions for doing this on our Hyper 821? Would be great to access the ECU adaptations/service indicator on our own!

Feb 2014
TN
Bumping for more information.

Anyone have some directions for doing this on our Hyper 821? Would be great to access the ECU adaptations/service indicator on our own!
I got my cable up and running. I ended up buying a new connector for the harness, because the way they molded the strain relief prohibited me from just de-pinning the connector and swapping the locations.

When I get home, I can give you an exact pinout for what works.

Jul 2014
California
I got my cable up and running. I ended up buying a new connector for the harness, because the way they molded the strain relief prohibited me from just de-pinning the connector and swapping the locations.

When I get home, I can give you an exact pinout for what works.
That would be awesome! Pinout, what cables you used, what software we need to use, any special things to know so we don't brick our ECUs :eek:

Thank you

May 2016
ES
I succesfully conected to my hyper with guzzidiag and iaw7diag. But really can't make much. I wanted it to reset the service indicator but it is not possible yet. Maybe of future revisions?
I searched and Guzzi owners with de 7sm ecu also can't reset service as this option has been disabled from previous versions.

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

Jul 2014
California
I succesfully conected to my hyper with guzzidiag and iaw7diag. But really can't make much. I wanted it to reset the service indicator but it is not possible yet. Maybe of future revisions?
I searched and Guzzi owners with de 7sm ecu also can't reset service as this option has been disabled from previous versions.

Hmm really? Then what can you do with it?

May 2016
ES
Really not much. View readings from the ecu like temp, rpm etc.. it is still a little green for 7sm ecus