Ducati Hypermotard 821 clutch fix - the definitive guide

Sep 2019
Norcal
Do I need to have the cover on filled with oil and engine running for the clutch to operate correctly? Right now I dry fit the cover and try operating the clutch but it wont disengage.

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
No. You don't have the actuator connected properly. I broke mine so can't help. It was far from intuitive and the factory manual was no help.

Just keep test fitting before you seal it.

Sep 2019
Norcal
No. You don't have the actuator connected properly. I broke mine so can't help. It was far from intuitive and the factory manual was no help.

Just keep test fitting before you seal it.
Its connected correctly. I cant pull the cover off without twisting the rod to open it up

Nov 2019
Uk
Hi guys. I have a September 2014 hyperstrada and like many of you I def have a crap clutch. I'm uk based but can anyone point me in the direction of either the upgraded replacement clutch pack or whatever bits are needed to improve the clutch. I've read the thread and clicked on a few ebay links but I'm pretty confused on what I have to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 2017
Canada
You have two options:
1) buy the kit mentioned in this thread and replace the appropriate number of plates. I'm not sure of the availability of the kit currently.
2) replace the entire clutch pack. Part number is listed in the thread.

Nov 2019
Uk
You have two options:
1) buy the kit mentioned in this thread and replace the appropriate number of plates. I'm not sure of the availability of the kit currently.
2) replace the entire clutch pack. Part number is listed in the thread.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the anti judder upgrade and mentioned in the thread. Now just to wait on it arriving to the uk.

Nov 2019
Uk
Has anyone fitted just the anti judder kit? When fitted should the anti judder kit be at (A) closest to the outside of the bike or (B) closest to the inside of the bike. Hope this makes sense. I've confused myself after seeing conflicting images. I currently have it fitted at (A)

Attachments

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
Got back to 1st couple pages with the microsoft paint diagrams. There's a discussion about installing the way the manual says or user experience. I did the way the manual says. Just remember to remove the amount of clutch/ friction sets that you add for the judder kit.

And don't torque those clutch pack retainer bolts too tight...