How bored will I be on a Vstrom 1000?

May 2017
Philadelphia USA
So I'm going to try trading in my HS for a 2015 BMW F 800 GT
this weekend. It's only got 1100 miles on it, some nice extras and in mint condition.

I don't need an ADV bike. I'm getting a 250cc dual sport this summer for trail riding. I just want a good commuter that can tackle occasional weekend rides, is reliable and easy to find service for. This bike has a good track record for reliability from all accounts by long term owners I've read.

Jun 2014
Boston
Everyone has their thing, but I found that to be one of the most soul sucking bikes I've ever ridden. If reliability, a daily commuter and joy is the goal, I'd surely look ay Honda or the other Japanese bikes - that's what they do. It's funny that Japanese bikes are often called soulless but the 2 I've owned were wonderful machines a sb500f and a Kawasaki Ninjette. One man's opinion.

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
This bike opened my eyes to fact that there is no true swiss army bike. Some come close, but there's always compromises. I knew I wasn't buying the best hwy bike, but I was willing to sacrifice some long-haul comfort for fun and flickability. I've realized I need 4 bikes:
1. Commuter/ Road Tripper: S1000XR
2. Bar Hopper/ Weekends: Diavel
3. Boredom/ Misc/ Not Selling: Strada
4. Track: ??? (maybe the Strada)

May 2017
Philadelphia USA
This is the plan I formulated.
Commuter/trips bike: ??? (Not the HS since it likes the garage/shop more than the streets)
Local cruising bike: Suzuki Savage (love the little beastie on backroads)
Trails/dirt roads: Possibly KLX250?

To be honest I actually have more fun on my hotrodded Savage when recreational riding. Very underappreciated bike, sad Suzuki finally stopped production.

Jun 2014
Boston
Another bike that interests me is one that slips through the cracks, the gsx s750. Seems like a real sleeper and can be picked up for short money. John Burns loves it and Euro reviewers do too:

If I was looking for a second bike I'd surely give it a once over, and a 750 i4 has to be one of the most iconic engine sizes.