Installing Aprilia(Eldor) coil packs

Oct 2017
japan
Come on the forums to see some peoples new mods. Learned another fatal problem with Hypers...... Well, as a preventive measure I guess its wise to replace the coils as its a lot cheaper then replacing the dash and ecu. Especially since my bike isnt under warranty anymore... I found some cheap online ($100) but they come in packs of 4. Does anyone want to go half with me on them ? Just pm me.

Jan 2019
Toronto
One just has a longer wire from the coil pack to the 3 pin connector. I had to do a splice in the middle of the wire for the vertical piston but nothing some solder and marine grade heat shrink tubing couldnt handle. I just made sure to stagger the splice. The other coil has enough wire.
Is this because you used the coil with the short wire on the vertical cylinder?

Jan 2019
Toronto
This may be a dumb question, but if Ducati used Eldor coils on older models (such as the 848), would a set from one of those bikes be more of a plug and play solution?

Sep 2017
Lansing Mi
I ended up cutting and putting new ends on my new coils so I juts bought 2 of the long wire coils because they were easier and cheaper at that specific moment. I'm not sure about using the coils from other Ducati's. It is my understanding that the combination of coils used along with the specific ecu on the hyper is the issue(apparently it is unique to the hyper which is why no aftermarket ecu flaser/tuner messes with them and you are forced to do a piggyback system(other than rexxer and t800)) . They should have actually resolved the issue from the factory as opposed to adding a filter in my opinion.

Jan 2019
Toronto
I ended up cutting and putting new ends on my new coils so I juts bought 2 of the long wire coils because they were easier and cheaper at that specific moment. I'm not sure about using the coils from other Ducati's. It is my understanding that the combination of coils used along with the specific ecu on the hyper is the issue(apparently it is unique to the hyper which is why no aftermarket ecu flaser/tuner messes with them and you are forced to do a piggyback system(other than rexxer and t800)) . They should have actually resolved the issue from the factory as opposed to adding a filter in my opinion.
From your original post, it sounded like you needed to add length to the vertical piston wire? So the long one is still too short?

Jun 2014
Boston
Mine fried even with the filter. I now have a 2 year warranty on the free goodwill repair (ecu, dash, coils on 2013 with 37,000miles) so the quandry is leave the beru for a refry or put in eldors but no warranty. hmmm