Mini carbon windscreen?

Jun 2017
Merced CA
So I was wondering if anyone know where to pick one of these up for a reasonable price? I've seen a couple on ebay from sellers in china and I'm leery of those to say the least. Would like to know who makes a quality part for a decent price? Also need to know if I will need to purchase some sort of mount/bracket to attach it or if I can use stock mounting hardware? Any help is appreciated!

I've done a little searching around and I've seen 2 I'm interested in. One is a bit taller than the other.

Pics of what I'm looking for...

This is basically a cover, not really a windscreen

This one is a bit bigger and seems to sit a bit higher

May 2016
US
I have the Ducati part pictured. Very worth it. The hyperstrada screen just directed air right at my head but the DP one keeps it off my chest without knocking my head around.

You could either buy the DP one (very high quality carbon) which comes with the hyperstrada windscreen brackets or cobble something together with the hyperstrada brackets and a Chinese carbon screen like this: http://www.carbonhouse.it/en/hypermotard-821-939/460-windshield.html

Edit: if you have a hyperstrada, then it's pretty moot...no brackets needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Jun 2017
Merced CA
I have the Ducati part pictured. Very worth it. The hyperstrada screen just directed air right at my head but the DP one keeps it off my chest without knocking my head around.

You could either buy the DP one (very high quality carbon) which comes with the hyperstrada windscreen brackets or cobble something together with the hyperstrada brackets and a Chinese carbon screen like this: Ducati Hypermotard-Hyperstrada 821/939 carbon fibre Windshield

Edit: if you have a hyperstrada, then it's pretty moot...no brackets needed.

The website you gave a link to says "this product is no longer in stock". Do you know of anyone else who sells it? Also, if you buy that part you use the mounting hardware used to mount the stock windscreen?

bought the bigger one at motocomposite.com
Do you have a strada or motard? Did you have to buy anything extra to mount it?

Sorry for so many questions guys. I haven't been able to find definitive answers on how these things mount and what hardware is or isn't needed to do it. Or where to get a quality part for a decent price. I'm honestly not looking to spend a few hundred on a tiny windscreen lol. Thanks!

May 2016
US
Most of the European sources for aftermarket carbon are just reselling Chinese carbon. Look for parts that have a matte finish and are full carbon, not fiberglass and carbon. The windscreen uses the stock hyperstrada hardware to mount

Jan 2017
Phoenix
Thanks for the link. Now I'm not sure which one I want to get.

The super small one,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Hypermotard-SP-821-939-Top-Cover-Headlight-Cowl-Fairing-Carbon-Fiber/292753164449?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

OR

The one that's a bit taller,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Hypermotard-Hyperstrada-821-939-Twill-Matt-Carbon-Fiber-Headlight-Fairing/323807956374?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Leaning towards the smaller one. Plus it's sort of local to me(only 90 minutes away) so I feel a bit better supporting local businesses.
If you're going smaller, go all the way small.