Odometer mileage gone....

Jul 2014
California
I've heard the dealer needs to reset something, a quick fix. No idea why it happens in the first place.

May 2017
Philadelphia USA
The mileage was there yesterday before I put the bike away for the night. Rode it 63 miles yesterday.

I've noticed ever since getting the bike back from the disco dash repair its been displaying the desmo service message upon startup despite still having 6000 miles to go.

I really dread going back to the dealership. I can't afford to be without the bike for another 2 months since I'm smack in the middle of a teardown on my Savage and won't have anything to ride.

Does it hurt the HS to ride it with this problem?

Jul 2014
California
No don't think so, it's just a glitch. IIRC the mileage is still recorded somewhere just not displayed.

May 2017
Philadelphia USA
I had hoped with having all the electronics changed out I wouldn't have to worry about anymore glitches.
Oh well....

May 2014
Playa del Rey, CA
I had this problem, and it is very likely a simple display glitch. I can confirm kuksol08's assertion: the actual mileage is written to NVRAM when the bike is shut down, according to a local SoCal dealer. Additionally, I was told the HS is the most-glitchy bike Ducati has released in the last ten years, dealers despise it.