Problems downshifting.

May 2017
Philadelphia USA
Today while out running errands I began having trouble getting down to 1st gear. It feels like it's there since it won't go down further but I'm still in second. If I then lift the shifter slightly and push down again it hits 1st. This is only with the engine running. Shut off it shifts up and down normally. Can't see anything wrong with the shifter itself, it's tight and hasn't changed its range.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Jul 2013
Tujunga

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
I get difficulty shifting and finding neutral as the shifter foot control linkages slacken. I have to adjust and tighten every couple months.

Apr 2013
uk
Have you adjusted the clutch cable? soon as i notice the bike struggling to find neutral it's time to adjust the clutch cable slack.

May 2017
Philadelphia USA
Thanks for the info. Some talk in that thread about special tools has me thinking this is a job better off done at the dealership. Special tools are expensive.

Sep 2017
Lansing Mi
Gatdammit, do you still miss 5th to 6th from time to time? After all the mods I have done, mudder spring kit, stiffer springs, billet pressure plate, factory pro ceramic detent kit, hydraulic actuation conversion, various shift levers, quick shifter and ultimately dry slipper conversion I still miss 5th to 6th sometimes if I'm being lazy.