Rear brake lever bolt stripped-repair/thread pitch help

Sep 2019
Norcal
In the process of doing the judder spring install on my hypermotard 821 I found the bolt that holds the brake lever in place has stripped all but 2 thread out of the mount. Fixing isnt to difficult but I'm trying to make sure I have the thread size/ pitch correct. M8x1.25 is what seems to work the best. That said has anyone ever experienced this before?

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
Couple of us used helicoils. You can search it. I'd never heard of them and don't know how I lived without them as a habitual bolt stripper. I'd watch some youtube videos as it does require a little bit of mechanical skill for drilling and tapping. Very good results.

Jan 2017
Phoenix
Couple of us used helicoils. You can search it. I'd never heard of them and don't know how I lived without them as a habitual bolt stripper. I'd watch some youtube videos as it does require a little bit of mechanical skill for drilling and tapping. Very good results.
I was one of them. And I found out about helicoils after trying to repair the thread and failing, because that part is aluminum and it's frustratingly soft; I discussed with my father-in-law and brother-in-law (both mechanical engineers) and my local dealership and they all suggested helicoils. What a great idea that was.

I just went and look at what I used; the part that you want is helicoil 5546-8.

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
I'd recommend a helicoil jumbo kit. They're pretty affordable and all I had to buy additional was the die tap t-handle thing. I fixed about 4 stripped or soft mounted bolts on my Duc alone.