Removal of air injection system

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
That's where the RB Evo shines. It actually uses O2 input to help adjust AFR (in AUTOTUNE mode). Most tuners I've worked with on cars in the past just ignore/ block the O2 input, which is why you normally cut and plug them or bypass.

Jul 2014
California
I have a full system, and it pops a lot on decel. My only concern was that my AFR was off. Don't mind the noise so much. These tap in near the injector assemblies?
Popping isn't really a bad thing. It's just a lean mixture in the pipes and helps fully combust the fuel. Some people like the pops haha.

Couldnt the deceleration pop break the O2 sensors? Everything I see about the O2 sensors(especially in these bikes) say that they are very delicate. Also, if we were to stop pushing air into the exhaust, couldnt it change the values that the O2 sensors are seeing and affect the tune? The video says exactly that, block it when tuning with aftermarket tuner(you mentioned you did that as well) to get accurate reading and better tuning. Better tuning = better performance? I only know what I have seen in the other links which is why i said "supposedly helps with performance" but an accurate tune will definitely help with performance? I have never done the plates in any bike. In fact, I'm using the Kuksul08 tune slightly modified on my 821.
I don't think so. O2 sensors are damaged by sudden temperature changes like going hot to cold or being doused in gas. It can thermally shock the ceramic element.

I believe the stock system is designed to account for the added air when making adjustments to correction map. I don't know too much about that though. What I do know is that if you use a wideband O2 you must block off the air injection or it will skew the readings. The stock system is really quite dumb and only tells the computer if it's at 14.7:1 or not.