Shifter toe peg?!?

Jun 2017
Merced CA
So just wondering if anyone can tell me if that part is available by itself or if I'll have to buy the whole shift lever assembly? Dropped the bike today. Thankfully the slider did it's job but there was some damage. See attached pics. I can get the whole assembly for around $120 but I was hoping to just get the little removable peg that goes on the end of the shift lever. I can't seem to find a part number for it though. Any help?

Last edited:
Jul 2014
California
I had the same thing happen on another bike of mine and I drilled and tapped a bolt into the lever and it worked for years!

Jun 2017
Merced CA
Yeah I didn't realize it when I posted that the peg isn't a bolt on/removable part. It felt like there was an allen head bolt holding it on but apparently it's press fit in there? So my options are to replace the whole lever or drill a hole and bolt something off of ebay on there. I might just replace the whole lever and then keep/mod the old one and have it as a back up. Wish someone was selling a whole lever on ebay that would work but I can't seem to find one.

Jun 2017
Merced CA
I put on woodcraft foldable toe pegs. All you have to do is cut that nub off, drill a hole through the remaining "riveted" aluminum, and bolt on the woodcraft. You will need a slightly longer bolt. The metal is soft so cutting filing and driling is pretty much a cinch - I did remove the lever to do this.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-folding-toe-piece
Oh now that's an idea I like. Foldable in case of another drop it folds instead of breaks! Have you had any issues with it since install? No wonkiness, missed shifts, peg folding in when you're trying to shift on the fly?

Sep 2016
ABQ NM
Jun 2017
Merced CA
Well after 5 minutes with a hand file the nub has been ground off and the lever is now smooth. Going to order that toepeg and next weekend I'll center punch the lever, drill a small pilot hole, then enlarge the hole once the toepeg gets delivered so I know how big to make the hole. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Jun 2017
Merced CA
Oh and aside from the drop I did have a nice ride today. I was actually surprised I didn't miss more shifts after the lever broke lol.

I love that in this pic you can see the road cut into the side of the mountain way off in the distance.

What you can't tell from these last 3 pictures is that the ground is sloped down from left to right. When I went to leave I was going up over a rise and then down to my left back out to the road. Unfortunately I gave it too much gas, lost traction in the dirt/gravel, lost my balance and went down on the left side. Thus causing the problem I have now, a few damaged parts and a bruised ego lol.