Shifter toe peg?!?

Jun 2017
Merced CA
Check the inboard side of the rivet that held the old peg on, think it has an already perfectly centered pilot to start with...
I was planning to drill it with the lever still on the bike(supported from the back side of course). If I was going to pull the lever to do it then yeah I would just use that as a guide.

Wow, that road looks flawless! Where is it?
That is "The Little Dragon", Highway 49 from Coulterville to Mariposa. My favorite stretch of road. I usually ride from Merced to Snelling to Coulterville to Mariposa to Cathey's Valley to Hornitos back to Snelling to Merced. That's a good morning ride for me lately.

Jul 2014
California

That is "The Little Dragon", Highway 49 from Coulterville to Mariposa. My favorite stretch of road. I usually ride from Merced to Snelling to Coulterville to Mariposa to Cathey's Valley to Hornitos back to Snelling to Merced. That's a good morning ride for me lately.
Wow, awesome. I have done 49 from Nevada City through Downieville and beyond. I didn't realize it went so far south!

Jun 2017
Merced CA
Wow, awesome. I have done 49 from Nevada City through Downieville and beyond. I didn't realize it went so far south!
You're literally missing out on the BEST part of 49. It's only about 15 miles from Coulterville to the top but man it's SWEET! There has been a bunch of construction going on lately so I'll only head up there on Sundays(the only day they take off) and you have to be careful of gravel/dirt in a few spots but it's still really fun. A lot of people will make a run from Coulterville to the top(there's a pull out spot up there they just put asphalt down) and then back down again. It really is a fun road.

A couple more pics for ya,

I've got a similar problem, but didn't drop my bike, I've ground away the levers and footpegs pretty bad now, so much that theres not much left of the brake lever. (trackday fun)
I'm looking at ordering these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rearsets-Ducati-Hypermotard-adjustable-GeckoRacing/dp/B07J3C3SX1/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Rearsets+Ducati+hypermotard+821&qid=1561969685&s=automotive&sr=1-1
I don't ride track or aggressive enough on the street to grind anything down. However, with some of the uphill switchbacks on 49 I've found that it is quite possible to grind my toe sliders if I'm not careful. Imagine how startled I was the first time I felt the slider on my boot grinding across the pavement when I wasn't expecting it LMAO!

Jun 2017
Merced CA
Hi,
Just checked out the woodcraft Eccentric folding toe peg, Its very reasonably priced at £18 but they want around $50 shipping to the UK wtf.

Can anyone in the USA get me one and post out here to the UK, it'll be about $5 postage for something so small and light.

I'll transfer the $ via paypal as a gift.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-eccentric-folding-toe-piece?rrec=true

Cheers

Paul
Sure! I was planning to order mine on Thursday. Was going to order it sooner but will be out of town and want to make sure I'm home when it gets delivered. I can order yours at the same time. What color did you want? Did you want the Woodcraft Folding Toe Piece or the Woodcraft Eccentric Folding Toe Piece? I don't know what the difference is though. I know the eccentric one is a bit more expensive, is only available is silver and requires 2-5 days of lead time before it ships out. The other one is available in black or silver and ships out in 24 hours.

Once I get it I can either ship it in a padded envelope or a small box. I'll get price/shipping quotes for both and you can decide which you want.

Have you checked ebay? You might be able to find one there even cheaper with free shipping.

Send me a PM and let me know what you want to do.

Sep 2018
Torrington
Good luck man . I'm sure you'll be good as new.
Noticing your mirror extensions. Where did you find them. I was going to machine some but I like the looks of yours.

Jun 2017
Merced CA
Good luck man . I'm sure you'll be good as new.
Noticing your mirror extensions. Where did you find them. I was going to machine some but I like the looks of yours.

Thanks! It looks like I'll be back better than new in a couple weeks.

The mirror extenders are SW Motech but I think I got them off ebay because they were cheaper. Here's a link to the SW Motech page, Strada mirror extenders. You can probably find them cheaper elsewhere though.

Forgot to say, they really do work well. The raise the mirrors up a bit and out a bit. I basically went from looking at my elbows in the mirror to actually being able to see what's behind me. Definitely a good investment.