Shock measurements request

Jul 2014
California
Hoping someone can take a quick few measurements for me.

I'm interested in the shock length (eye to eye), overall diameter, mounting bolt diameters, and eyelet widths on a stock Hyperstrada or Hypermotard shock. Please let me know your model/version and year.

Thank you!

Sep 2016
ABQ NM
This is what mine measures (approximately) with the preload adjuster all the way soft (out) and off the bike (no sag)...
-both bolt holes appear to be 10mm
-both eyelets appear to be the same width, 22.6mm
-using a tape measure, the eye to eye appears to be about 273mm
-spring diameter is pretty close to 81mm

Hope this helps...

Attachments

Jul 2014
California
What are you up to now kuksul?
I thought a Hyperstrada shock would work for a project bike I am working on. It has an old school 80's unit with no reservoir. A nice hydraulic preload 'strada shock would be nice, but I would need about 290-295mm length.

My SP had a longer shock, I recall around 300mm. So I'm still searching.

Jun 2016
India
Kuksul I can give you my bike's rear shock for free if you can help me get my forks upgraded, I can PM you in detail if you are ok with that :):D:rolleyes:

Jul 2014
California
Kuksul I can give you my bike's rear shock for free if you can help me get my forks upgraded, I can PM you in detail if you are ok with that :):D:rolleyes:
I can try my best to help either way! What is wrong with your fork?

Jun 2016
India
Thanks Kuksul!! Nothing wrong with it, the desire to upgrade the forks and rear shock to Mupo/Nitron is growing by the day and just need someone to help me with that.
I will send you the details if you think can help :)

Jul 2014
California
Thanks Kuksul!! Nothing wrong with it, the desire to upgrade the forks and rear shock to Mupo/Nitron is growing by the day and just need someone to help me with that.
I will send you the details if you think can help :)
Sure go for it :)

Dec 2019
Thailand
Was this a standard length Hyperstrada rear shock? Same length as the Hypermotard shock? I see 265mm for HS and 285mm for HM listed by YSS, can't find anything else.