What'd you do to your Hyperstrada today?

Sep 2017
Lansing Mi
I love that carbon beak. I intend on doing one at some point as well. I might even try to swap out to the 950 beak. That's is the only body piece I like on the new bike...

Oct 2016
San Francisco
Finally finished what should have been a relatively simple project to install new bars and proper bark busters. Also splurged and got an termi low (meant for the 821 but works just fine. Took it for a quick spin on my lunch break for a photo.

Attachments

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
like the damper, where did you get the mount?
I researched damper options. Couple damper options but only mount I could find was the Ducabike kit. Also, rod-style is the only type I could find. Was hoping for a Scott's style option out there.

Full Ohlins/ Ducabike was little over $600 new but, stability benefit at speed was very worth it.

Mar 2013
Naples, IT
So much...

1. New Denso Starter
2. Hyd Clutch Swap
3. Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover w/ DB Pressure Plate & Spring Retainer
4. Michelin PR5's
5. 520 Chain Conversion
6. Superlite Rear/ 14T Front Sprockets
7. DP Handguards
8. LED Rear Signals
9. New Main Fuel Line
10. DP Air Intake; Replaced MWR Foam Filter
11. Puig Grips
12. CF Vinyl Wrapped Upper Tank Plastic
13. T-Rex Frame Sliders

She's running real good. The 14T swap really smooths out the 1st/ 2nd gear throttling. I'll do a DIY on the hydraulic clutch swap, but it's amazeballs. Just breathe on the lever and it makes a smooth swap. 1st gear starts are awkward so far - friction point is at the very end of lever throw. I'm chalking this up to how awful the stock clutch is because I can practically dump the lever in 1st and it will pull away clean. I'm still hunting for the OEM friction zone so I look a bit stupid at the stop light for now. Only 100 miles so far, so can't really comment on the PR5's but I was in love with the reviews and my roads call for serious traction when it rains (they're shit). Might have a small fuel leak from the main line replacement (screwed the OEM up way back when I installed my RapidBike), but both sides of the engine I cracked and re-assembled are holding strong. Highly recommend experimenting with vinyl wraps - I did a pretty technical part and didn't turn out half bad. I chose the T-Rex sliders because they can kinda double as highway footrests for long hauls.

*90% of this was done from a sidewalk during the winter. I started with just the tires and sprockets/ chain in a hobby shop but, I over-spun a frame bolt and decided to do all the stuff on my wish list. Thank sweet baby Jesus for center stands!

Oct 2016
San Francisco
Wow, lot of work but it looks like it has paid off. As far as the clutch throw I recall watching a video or someone flogging the 821 SP around a track and wondering why he was only using two fingers to barely move the clutch lever for shifts. I guess that is the ideal adjustment?